10.5 ~ ADDITIONAL CHAPTER

A/N Slight smut warning. Not massive amounts but people be naked and do some things while they are naked so IDK. It is an additional chapter so skip it if you are uncomfortable with smut.

Dani and Newt have been dating for a little over 2 weeks now (though to everybody including themselves said it felt like it had been much longer), and today was shower day. Every 14 days the showers would produce hot water for the Gladers to shower with, any other day and the showers would be freezing cold. Dani refused to shower with the cold water and for quite an understandable reason too, and some of the other Gladers did too. So they settled with having to use anti-septic wipes every now and again to freshen themselves up and now that Dani knew how well Newt could wash her hair she sometimes asked him to do it.

On shower days, Alby had agreed that nobody would be allowed into the showers until Dani had been in there first for two reasons. The first being that as Dani was the only girl, she shouldn't have anybody else in the showers there with her for her own safety. Then the second was that before the rule was put in place, Dani always went after all the other boys and by that point they had already used up all the hot water so she wasn't able to get any for herself.

~~~~~

Dani's P.O.V

We all laugh at something Minho had just said, hands slapping the dinner tables as the runner rubbed his eyebrows sadly. He had recently lost a runner or two because they were afraid that they would run into a Griever during daylight hours (even though nobody but me had done so yet) and so now he was trying to convince Alby that they should open up the role again for people around the Glade to try out for if they wanted to. Alby didn't look so pleased about the idea.

"Minho, that's a stupid idea. If your own Runners have quit themselves then I bet you that nobody is really going to want to go out there anymore. And if they do, they are stupid." Alby states nonchalently, pulling apart some mash with his fork before shoving it into his mouth. "But Alby-" Minho starts, but thankfully Newt cuts him off.

"Look, mate. You aren't going to convince anybody around here to go out there. If Frankie and Steve quit on the whim that they'll see a Griever like Dani did what, years ago now, you aren't going to be able to convince anybody else because they'll be even more worried. You know that everyone around here sees you guys as the bravest for going out there." Newt says with a chuckle, pushing some of his food around his plate.

"Maybe you'll be able to captivate some of the Greenies when they get here. If not then I'm sure Chuck will be up for it." Gally adds, nudging Minho's shoulder with a mischievious smirk. "Gally!" I hiss from across the table, glaring at him for even letting the thought of sending Chuck into the Maze cross his mind.

"What?!" He replies, knowing exactly what I was meaning, before shoving his loaded fork into his mouth. "You can't send that poor boy into the Maze! He's too emotionally attached for it." I tell him sternly, my mothering bond I have with the youngest boy coming through. I lift my cup to my lips and take a sip, thinking that this part of the conversation was over with; but with Gally it's never over. "And that means?" Gally continues, though his mouth is filled with food.

"It means," I say sharply, placing my cup on the table as Newt places his hand on my knee, knowing how much I cared about the little boy and how Gally was only saying this to wind me up. "He'll take one step into that Maze and see the horrors it intels and it'll scar him for the rest of his life. He is too in touch with his emotions, like he should be for a 13 year old boy, and doesn't know when to block certain things out. Like the night I freaked out and you two had to come wake me up, he came to me first thing after breakfast the next morning on the verge of tears. Now if hearing me scream and cry in the night is enough to rattle him then I don't think letting him into a maze that could kill you will be ok."