13 ~ Plan

A/N: God, I really hated this chapter because I had no clue how to structure it and I just felt like it all came out to shit. Regardless, it kinda gives you an outline to the plot from here so I hope it makes sense.

Dani's P.O.V

"Come on Dani... I need you to wake up..." A husky voice calls out to me, vibrating in my head in attempt to bring me back to reality.

My whole body feels numb, and my head feels like it's filling with water as images of Newt, The Glade, all my friends (Gladers and other) and memories flash through my mind. Everything hits me like a train, and within what feels like a second, I remember everything. Every laugh I ever laughed, every kiss I stole, every nightmare. A whole rollercoaster of emotions, confusion and clarity all at once.

As if on cue, I feel my body start to lose it's numbness and the weight of a hand clutching mine in a death grip becomes apparent. "Come on... You're strong..." The voice mumbles, so I hum in response. "Dani?!" The voice asks in disbelief, and I hum again.

My eyes pop open and blink rapidly, trying to grow used to the bright light as quickly as they can. I groggily sit myself up as best as I can with the help of the person beside me, and as I look over to my side I see that it's Thomas who's clutching my hand like I was going to slip away at any moment. "Thomas?" I ask, my voice raspy and throat dry. He smiles at me and quickly reaches over to my bedside table, grabbing a glass of water which he then hands to me.

I take sips of the water and hum happily at the feeling of it slipping down my dry throat, immediately stopping it from hurting. Once I finish the glass Thomas takes it back from me and places it on the bedside table again, turning to me with soft eyes.

I rub my eyes and lean back against the headrest of the bed, feeling so tired yet so rested. "How long was I out for?" I question, my voice still a little hoarse but that's just because I've just woken up. Thomas frowns and looks to his hands. "Nearly 2 weeks." He sighs, looking back up to me worriedly. "I've been asleep for 2 weeks!?" I exclaim, rather confused. "Why?" I ask after the boy nods his head.

"The doctors said it was because your body had gone through a lot in those past 6 hours. You know, from being passed out to being made to forget about your memories from the Maze and then being made to remember your memories from your childhood. They said that that was enough to make you pass out for this amount of time so just imagine how long you could've been out after being made to remember your memories of the Maze again after." Thomas tells me. And suddenly, as if he flips a switch inside my head, I realise I remember everything.

Just like when I was asleep, it's overwhelming. My brain can't barely process one thought, one memory, one person before the next comes flying in. Then suddenly one thing clicks in my head again. One person stops my head from spinning in thought. And he is the only thing I can think of.

Newt.

My eyes grow wide as I realise where I am again, and more importantly where he was. Before I even know what I'm doing I'm throwing the blankets off of my lap and scrambling to get out of the bed; but to no avail as Thomas' hands were holding my shoulders trying to keep me in the bed.

"Newt. Oh my god, Newt. We need to get him out of there, we need to get them all out of there!" I say hysterically, as I try to fight against Thomas' grip. But it's too strong and I don't move anywhere. "Thomas, we need to get them out. You have no idea how much that place is like a hell, we can help them. We can get them out. You have to let me go, I have to get them out!"

"I know, I know. Dani calm down. I'm already one step ahead of you." Thomas cooes, his head dipping to meet my eye level. "What do you mean?" I ask him, tears pricking my eyes. "I will explain it to you, but you need to get back into the bed and act as if everything is ok otherwise we won't be able to do anything from inside a prison cell." He tells me, giving me a certain look that tells me to trust him. I take a deep breath and let it back out again, letting Thomas push me onto the bed and pull the blankets back over me.