4 ~ Party

Danielle's P.O.V

Gally goes back to training Eli while Newt and I mess around with the basin of water. We took it in turns to get all the dirt off the other person seeming as we had no mirrors around to see ourselves. I cleaned Newt first, having him take his shirt off beforehand as I knew he'd probably end up getting some on it otherwise. I started by wiping the dirt from his face, neck and the top of his chest, then wrung out the cloth over the top of his head to get as much as I could out of his hair.

After that he told me to sit down, then crouched in front of me and started to gently wipe away the dried mud that was on my face and neck. I took the cloth from him to remove the little bits that were on my chest, then tossed it back into the basin with a frown.

"How the hell am I supposed to get it all out of my hair?" I huff, picking at the long hair and peeling bits of dirt out of it. Newt scrunches his face in thought, then lets it soften as I assume an idea comes into his head.

"Lay with your head on the log, I have an idea." He orders, pointing to a log that was laid on the floor beside us. I raise an eyebrow to him but move nonetheless, laying down on my back with my head resting on the log.

Newt comes up near my head and lays his shirt beneath my hair, so that my hair wasn't collecting more dirt from the floor again. "Just stay still ok..." He whispers to me, untucking my hair from my neck so that it was all draped over the back of the log. I listen to him and close my eyes, letting out a deep breath as he grabs the basin from the tree stump.

Without warning, he slowly starts tipping it over my hair, his hands brushing through it as he gently teases the knots apart and therefore washing away the dirt. My mouth curls up into a smile as I relax into Newt's calming touch, rather enjoying the little head massage I was getting while he rubbed out all the dirt.

The whole time he was gentle and apologetic if I winced due to a bigger knot. He was careful throughout the whole process, but sadly still managed to get my shoulders soaked in the water.

"Oops." He simply said as I stood up, gawking at my wet shoulders. The two of us burst out laughing as I notice even his shirt was soaked. I lift it from the floor and unwravel it, laughing at the state that was in too.

"You're so stupid sometimes, you know that?" I giggle, walking towards the lower branches of a nearby tree. I lay his shirt across the branch so that it was in the sun, and would hopefully dry out. "Hey, I just washed your hair for you! I should get some sort of thanks for doing that!" He protests, leaning against the tree as I straightened the shirt out. "After you were the one that got all that mud in it in the first place." I retort, giving him a look. He nods his head and raises his hands in defeat, making me laugh even more.

After I have finished straightening Newt's shirt out, I look down at my own my body, feeling grossly sticky now the blouse was wet. I sigh and look down at my chest, remembering that I had made the decision to wear a sports bra today, and that could suffice enough until later. "Shuck it..." I whisper, unbuttoning my blouse and shrugging it off my shoulders.

I feel a million pair of eyes seep into the back of my neck, as nobody here had seen me in such little amounts of clothing before, regardless of the fact that I was still wearing a sports bra.

My hands flatten out the blouse and lay it next to Newt's shirt, and as I turn around to face Newt he was awestruck. I smile and jut out one of my hips, crossing my arms over my chest so that my boobs were being pushed up a little. "My eyes are up here bub." I say, calling him by his nickname.

He was the only person I had an explicit nickname for, and that was Bubba or Bub. I didn't use it that often, only when he was ill, or hurt or in times like these when I needed to grab his attention. And of course, it worked like magic.