Chapter 19: Dragon Slayer Y/n

I could feel the light of the morning sun hit my eyes. I get up from the bed and walk up to the cave's entrance. I could see the birds flying through the air and a small Beacon in the horizon. I take a deep breath and exhale.

Y/n: "Velvet, you wanna get up?"

She was still in bed, moaning about not wanting to get up. I walk to her side and shake her a bit.

Y/n: "Hey, it's time to get up. We got to go to Beacon"

Velvet: "*Yawn* 5 more.. minutes"

Y/n: "No, we have plenty of sunlight to get us pretty far. We can't waste time"

Velvet: "Fine"

She gets up and stretches a bit. After some preparation, we take off. We share some stories about our past and some things we'd like to do in the future. We run into a couple of obstacles along the way but nothing that we couldn't handle.

Velvet: "Hey Y/n?"

Y/n: "What is it?"

Velvet: "I'm having second thoughts about coming along with you"

Y/n: "Why?"

Velvet: "You know, I got a bounty on me. Faunus and people don't get along as it is, what do you think they will think of me who may be half Grimm?"

Y/n: "You'll be fine. Trust me"

She looks down a bit but keeps walking with me. She was carrying a little backpack with some food for the road.

Y/n: "Hold on?"

I reach for her backpack and drop something in.

Velvet: "What's wrong?"

Y/n: "Zipper was open, can't have food filled with flies and stuff"

Velvet: "Okay. How much farther away is Beacon?"

Y/n: "Another day's walk. If we continued through the day, I'd say we would make it there by morning. Maybe"

Velvet: "Can you smell that?"

Y/n: "Rotten carcass. Up ahead it seems"

We take precaution as we sneak our way through the shrubs. Before we peek at what was up ahead, a flying comes at us. It smacks Velvet in the shoulder as we look at it in horror. We hear multiple screams as we poke our heads out to see a massacre take place.

Velvet: "A.. Dragon?!"

Y/n: "A shit"

Y/n: "A shit"

It hadn't noticed us. I was paralyzed with fear as it towers over us.

Y/n: "How the hell didn't we see this shit?!"

I start thinking of what to do.

Excalibur?! No way, if I miss we're done for. One of the big 5? It's my only shot.