Chapter 20: To Protect The Innocent

Ruby: "Y/n, why are you defending her?"

Y/n: "She told me her story"

Weiss: "What if she's lying?"

Y/n: "How do we know the others weren't? She had every chance she could to kill me. She protected children when they were in danger from Grimm.. I wont abandon her even if I have to get through all of you"

One sword against the 4 of them. Seems a little difficult... all that time I had free I would train with two swords. I knew if I ever gotten into a combat against multiple skilled people I'd need more than one weapons.

Akame charged in followed by Weiss as Yang and Acnologia do a circle around me on opposite sides.

For years I tried tracing those two swords but failed everytime.. those perfect yet imperfect swords..

Akame swings first and I deflected as Weiss charges at me with rapier. It nearly gets my side as I move over to the left and jump back to tackle her down. I get up and am met with a kick to the face by Akame. I look over and see Yang and Acnologia fighting Velvet. I try rushing to her but stop as my right leg is frozen by Weiss.

Weiss: "This is for your own good Y/n"

I drop Balmung as I see her getting pushed back by the two. I close my eyes as a ray of light hits me. I open them and see my most desired swords in a cliff.

I try to reach for them but see my ankle chained up to the ground

I try to reach for them but see my ankle chained up to the ground. I try to pull it out but struggle to break free. I bite my tongue as I try pulling the chains with me. I start pulling on it until I create a sword and slice at the chains.

Y/n: "Why won't you break?!"

I hit the chains multiple times. As I hit it the chains start wrapping up higher. I lift my sword up and slice my leg off. I collapse onto the ground as the chains take my leg under I crawl towards the direction until I reach them. I put a hand on each sword and use them as crutches.

Y/n: "Trace.. on!!"

I feel all of Shirou's memories flowing into me. I start feeling pain where I sliced my leg off as swords start appearing out of it, almost as it was replicating my lost leg. Soon, everywhere around my body started ejecting swords out. I yell out in pain and I'm back in the forest. I look up and see everyone in shock. I look over and see my leg still stuck to ground covered by Weiss' ice magic. I look down and see I'm no longer missing my leg. I look back up as a stick my hands out.

All my training has led to this...

Y/n: "Trace-"

Akame charges towards me but is to slow.

Y/n: "On"

If I was skilled at anything, it would be dual wielding swords

I catch Akame on time to block all her attacks.

Akame: "I don't get it. He got quicker"

Y/n: "You're wrong"

I point one of the swords at her.

Y/n: "I just got serious"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n-
So about this chapter... I know it's short but I got to let you all know something and that is I'll be working more days so updates will be few for this and all my stories. I will sometimes be putting out short chapters (550-900 words) so that I don't leave the story without a chapter. Better put out something even if it's short than nothing at all. I won't always be putting them out, maybe every 10 chapters or so.