eighteen

"so, does he have sir iwaizumi's approval?" i ask, nudging him as we walk towards my place, where he's staying for the night.

"he's cool," he shrugs, and i immediately know something's off. but why? what's not to like?

"what's wrong with him?"

"there's nothing wrong," iwaizumi groans, "i said he's cool."

"yeah, but too bad for you i can read you like a book and you're lying. iwa-chan's a liar, iwa-chan's a liarr~" i start teasing him, before he softly punches me in the stomach. not softly enough for it not to hurt, though.

"he's dying. and you're too invested for your own good. he's gonna die and you're gonna cry for months before you end up in some damaging relationship that's not good for you just because you're lonely."

"i'll probably just cry with his friend makki. and bother you with it. which i'm sure you won't mind."

"oikawa, you're..." he clears his throat, shakes his head, as if changing the subject in his head. "you're an idiot. you're too... nice. stop it. for you."

"i love him, though."

iwaizumi takes a deep breath. "i know. sorry."

"no, you're just looking out for me. but i'm not convinced." i wrap my arm around his shoulders. "i appreciate the thought. but i love that man. so goddamn much."

"i know you do," he grumbles, shoving me off, "just know that there's no viable way to make this more good than bad."