CERATOSAURS

They're after me-- I'm bleeding pretty bad from a bite mark on my hip and paw. I must get to the river at all costs.

I can hear them tracking the bastards...

I'm lying at the foot of a fir tree... hidden by bushes and shrubs.

I hear their growling and their sniffling. They're on my trail.

If I get up, my blood starts pouring out and my strength leaves me.

Yet I must get up and fall into the stream. I will resist the waterfalls, but not their bites. A ton and a half of pressure. Enough to crush a car and put my paw in lint.

I was reckless... I underestimated these animals and their intelligence...

They caught me with a bait and I fell into their trap an hour ago...

The worst part is that I saw them...

A couple of adult Ceratosaurs

They were lying on the riverbank along high cliffs to the east. There were even caves in those cliffs.

Any fall would be fatal.

Those monsters were the same size as me and they hadn't seen me, or at least I thought they hadn't.

So I avoided passing them by entering the little woods to my left and moving away from the swift and tumultuous river.

They were growling at each other, probably their tongues or a trail to follow.

Strange animals.

I was hungry and the forest dense. Impossible to fly so I had to hunt on my feet.

I was far away from the ceratosaurs resting at the river. They had made their nests probably to spend the night, warm and close to each other.

These monsters, 9 meters long, with a tail shorter than me but a more massive body and especially a jaw to grind, were formidable predators.

I thus skirted the river upstream and I took advantage of the cry of the seagulls to remember that the sea was on the other side of the rocks.

The lawn was huge, as if millions of sheep had mowed the grass, but it wasn't. The grass was so big that I could see the sea. It must have been the variety of grass facing the sea spray.

The rocks to my right looked like meteorite impacts with sharp, torn splinters.

The area where I was was like an island, a gigantic island.

I knew that if I continued northward, steep rocks were waiting for me, leading to mountains and valleys covered with eternal ice.

At the foot of the glacier there was a volcano, relatively calm and only interrupted by the din of the swamps filled with geysers.