CAVERNS

Wow. I was screaming I... I was running and crying and holding the kid tight. Alphaaaaa, Betaaa. I'll avenge you, I swear.

After a long time of sobbing. The little one came and cried beside me.

"I'm here... I'll protect you."

He began to whistle as if to call his moms...but they didn't come...

How sad.

On my knees in the darkness, I crawled and then I began to sing.

Revenge!

"There's a price on your head!

I'll make you pay for their lives!

What is the fate

Let those who bring death be given to those who bring death

Those bastards killed

But all of you here, you know.

That those monsters before

That they've already spilled blood

I didn't, I swear...

Wanted what happened

Revenge is not my nature.

But still, yes, I'm going to get revenge

Should we just, therefore, do nothing

When you see a mother die?"

I crawled and I scratched and I hit the ground...

And, in a fit of rage, mana escaped and lit up everything around us.

A series of cubicles followed one another. Each with the same configuration. A nest and a room. And a tote bag.

There I found wonders.

Pots and pans, salt... rope and colored stones.

Some were embedded in the walls like a kaleidoscope.

I also found a satchel and a bed.

I decided to settle here.

There was an underground lake of warm water and it was warm and sunny.

I took the lodge near the entrance so that the little one could do his dirt outside and keep the place clean.

Then I let myself fall into the nest.

We fell asleep immediately.

"Mommy?...you don't say anything....

Mummy?..."

Quiet...

Suddenly I was afraid of being abandoned.

"Please, Mommy?"

Heater: "Your anger disappointed me. I'm angry with you.

They're just animals. They're predictable. And if your friends died, it's your fault. It's hard, but it's the truth. I thought you were smarter and stronger. What will you do when faced with humans a thousand times smarter?

You panicked, you didn't anticipate. Worse, you didn't study your lessons well. You could roar and charge your mana scream."

"But... Mommy..."

"You deserve a spanking and the punishment of your life. I would have crushed your face in the mud to make you understand how much I care for you.

But even that I can' t...

I forbid you to be reckless and I'm sorry but you have to survive and pull yourself together. You are a dragon, not a beast and where is the human in you? You have to overcome your humanity and become a dragon that is supposed to be superior to humans. Never forget that. It is a privilege to be a dragon and you should be proud of it. Your wounds are sores. You should have gotten angry, exploded your mana, imposed your terror. They would have run away. No, you behaved like a coward and abandoned your friends in the end. "For fear of losing them you finally lost them..."