Hatching

The eggs were deposited in a beautiful frigolite lid, decorated with shells and glassware of a thousand colors.

They had been put in the large courtyard in front of the house and I was lying with Dantinne on either side.

John was filming the event and my raptor tribe from the first circle were around us.

Vicky was with her friend Sucho, in the back and Watanabe, his wife, IO and her husband Allosaure, Kracou.Others like Dean and the captain of the Yorktown were also present but in the crowd, in the back.

The noise of the cicadas was infernal and the distant Jurassic cries reminded us that we were in an almost jungle of pine forests.

A soft breeze came to refresh us and we observed a small point piercing the shell. The second egg was also getting there.

One had silvery reflections, the other more pearly.

Then a small shear opened like the door of a ship and we saw the faces of our children.

Their heads were elongated, folded over themselves and occupying all the available space.

Their eyes were like yellow eyelid rims and their whole body was dark green, but speckled and studded, one with silver, the other with rainbow colors.

Their eyes were open and looking at us.

It was the critical moment of impregnation.

They were neither humans nor dinosaurs but real dragons. A thin membrane ran through their bodies and it would be to fly one day.

I was in ecstasy and I was dying to roar but I didn't want to scare them.

Dantinne, her maternal instincts pushed to the extreme, began to lick our little ones.

She looked at me, all proud. A Queen Raptor, a hyperendocrine dinosaur and a dragon...

She looked at me. I had to do something.

"Welcome to the world, Augustus, and welcome to you, Octavia."

Everyone was surprised by our choice. But they were the first born on Earth and in homage to our Roman roots and the immense responsibility of rebuilding a world, an empire, we chose this name.

Everyone shouted for joy but the little ones, unlike reptiles, started to cry like babies, a proof of intelligence.

We licked them to console them and finish the impregnation.

Then, suddenly, the sky darkened.

The clouds became black.

And a black sphere appeared high in the sky.

The insects, the birds, even the wind, everything was silent.

The sphere was very large, but we could only see a piece of it, most of it, in space.

Then, a shadow in the shadow and a golden shape appeared, like a huge snake of several tens of kilometers. The end of the snake was terminated by a dragon's head.

It was not golden, but it was like fire from the sun. Brilliant and yellow at the same time.

We were lost.

A second identical head made its way from the sky and with its disproportionate neck, it quickly came above us.

I recognized the face of the first devourer. Inferno!

He was returning to our dimension.

I protected the little ones, just as Dantinne and all the others crashed to the ground, out of fear, terror and also by the gravitational pressure they generated. This monster could demolish the whole planet in one or two blows.

He opened his mouth and I expected him to shoot or blow at us, but his voice resonated in our heads.

"Son!"

Everyone looked at me with astonishment but also with fear. He had just reminded them that I too was a devourer...

"I am proud of you... You succeeded in your first mission as a heavenly dragon...you saved your people.

I also congratulate you for Augustus and Octavia, my grandchildren."

The pressure dropped suddenly but the terror remained.

"I also have a surprise for you!"

He looked at the other dragon who approached me.

The head must have been ten times my size, I was a dragon in front of this giant.

I looked at his head and there was something familiar about it... and then I said, "Mom?"

The huge head watched that the little ones were protected by Dantinne and then a huge tongue came and licked me like we did to the dragons.

"My little wrist strap, you're still alive, how I missed you..."

It was the biggest hug of my life.

I was happy to be able to squeeze my mommy between my paws.

I started to cry and squeeze her so I wouldn't lose her a second time.

"Mamaaaaaann!"

"You don't know how much I missed you."

"Waaaaaahhhhhhh." (Crying...)

"Mamaaaan, Mammaan. Don't leave me anymore... I beg you!!!"

Svy: "I've stayed with you always, I've watched over you since we separated."

Me: "But how? You're on fire!"

Svy: "Inferno was heartbroken and took his blood to give me back a body to my soul he had captured... I am an ultimate devourer and we share the same body, immortal. When your time comes, you will have the choice to come between mom and dad if you want. I can't stay here, we would put your world in danger just by our mass, but we can talk now.

I love you.

You also have beautiful straps and a kind and brave wife.

Dantinne, you can also talk with me if you want."

She hugged the little ones out of fear.

"Do not be afraid, we're watching over you..."

The heads and their huge necks returned to the sky in the sphere and all disappeared, a blue sky and, very gently, the wind, cicadas and birds began to sing again.

All shouted with joy and I, although terrified, was the happiest dragon in the world. I had seen Mom, Dad, and I was Dad myself.

Humans, on the other hand, were terrified.

As if they had seen the devil and were only ants.

Many were in shock and those who hated me had nightmares.