Best of Me

After their date, Derek and Stiles grew closer.

They spent the following day together with Alec. Derek showed up on his doorstep with a big smile on his face and basket full of food, he was also accompanied by his one-year-old Alaskan Malamute, Bruce. He took Stiles and Alec to the park, where the boy ran around the field with Bruce.

They sat on the blanket and watched Alec squealing and giggling as Bruce playfully pounced in front of him amd then continued to run.

The next day, the three of them went to a carnival and ate lots of food. Alec fell asleep in Derek's arms and Stiles' heart fluttered at the sight of his baby boy and Derek being so close together.

Monday came and at work, Derek came by and they ate lunch together with Mrs. B and Vernon at the family restaurant across the street. Mrs. B told Derek that even though he was Vernon's boss, if he ever hurts Stiles, she'd skin him alive. Derek shuddered at the thought but smiled nonetheless.

*

"Laura, you don't understand! He's perfect and his kid is so darn cute! I can't wait for you to meet him." Derek told his sister gleefully over the phone.

Laura, on the other side of the line, cooed and said, "Awwww... Babybro'sgotitbad! Urgh! Cursethisbusinesstrip. Iwanttomeethimassoonasthisbusinesstripisover, yahearme, Der?"

Derek chuckled and replied, "Dontw worry, you will. I have to introduce him to Mom and Dad first. Fuck, they're going to love him and his son."

After they hung up, Derek smiled at the thought of Stiles meeting his family. He was excited to say the least.

His family always pestered him when it came to his love life. They would set him up on dates and it always ended up badly.

Meeting Stiles and Alec must've been life telling him to settle down and be happy for once.

He doesn't really care if Alec wasn't his own blood, the kid was sweet and always thought of his father's needs. Seeing Stiles and Alec being happy was the best part of his day.

"You have that smile on your face again, Mr. Hale." A familiar voice  broke his trail of thoughts.

"Lydia, I thought I told you to knock." Derek sneered at his friend.

"I did but you were too deep in thought. So, when am I going to meet the famous boyfriend and his pup?" Lydia asked as she gracefully sat on the leather couch of Derek's office.

Derek grinned and shook his head.
"My parenta first before my friends."

Lydia threw a rolled up piece of paper at Derek and said, "Boyd got to meet him already! That's so unfair."

"Well, Boyd is my bodyguard and they know each other. I promise you'll get to meet them, Lydia." Derek said as he went back to checking his schedule for the day.

"That better happen, Hale." Lydia harrumphed and then left Derek to his work.

'Til this day, he still doesn't know why he's friends with Lydia Martin, a banshee and an Alpha. Somehow, he doesn't really want to know why.

Tbc...