Break Me

A/N: I AM SO SORRY IN ADVANCE!

**

"You should go home to them." Laura said as she threw the book that she was reading at the back of Derek's head but her brother didn't budge. He just rolled his eyes and grunted as he typed feverishly on his laptop.

And then she growled loudly as she walked towards him and yanked his shoulder and said, "It's been ONE week, Derek! One week and you're still here. You're acting like a child!"

He answered with a growl and a flash of his red eyes which she did the same. They were both Alphas and if they were to fight right now, who knows what might happen.

"Enough you two."

They both flinched at their mother's voice. Talia stood tall by the door with a frown on her face, her eyes glowing red and her arms crossed in front of her chest. She growled, warning both her children to stand down and keep calm.

"Laura, I would like to talk to your brother. Would you give us some time please?" She said, her eyes never leaving Derek. Laura nodded and closed the door. Talia walked towards her son and said, "She's right, you know."

Derek snorted and muttered, "It's always Laura who's right. She's the oldest..."

"Stiles called me everyday this week. He sounded so distressed that I had Laura check on him and his pup. Thankfully he's alright aside from the bags under his eyes but I still worry... he barely eats and Alec thinks you hate him because his Daddy always cried himself to sleep." She said as she glanced at the guilty look on her son's face. She knew that if she didn't tell Derek what was happening to his Omega, he'd drag this on until the poor boy left his side.

"He asked me about my past..." he managed to draw out as he looked up and saw the way his mother looked down at him, like he was still the five-year-old boy who always got into trouble for climbing up and down the trees.

"My child, he deserves to know what happened to you before you two met. He's your mate, is he not?"

Derek nodded stiffly and lowered his head in guilt. Talia reached down to gently ruffle her boy's dark locks and said, "Stiles threw all of his inhibitions out of the window the moment he agreed to live with you. He loves you and I hope that you love him enough to be honest with him."

"I-I can't just tell him something that will literally change our life together. I love Stiles and if that means I have to let him go by doing this, then so be it, Mom. I will not tell him about Paige, about Kate or Jennifer..." Derek argued back in defense and Talia stared at him like she didn't even know the man who was right in front of him.

"So, that's what you're doing? You're just going to give up and let him go... I DID NOT RAISE YOU TO BE A COWARD, Derek! You are a Hale Alpha and I expect you to live up to your reputation. That young man will never get up from this." She said, her eyes flaming red as she growled loudly, standing taller than Derek.

Derek looked away as if trying to provoke her more until Talia grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and said, "I'm going to take the young man and his pup as far away from you as possible and I forbid you from going near them for the time being."

The young Alpha's eyes widened and tried to back away from Talia's grip.

**

One week. It's been one week and Derek still hasn't come home. One week and still no calls nor texts from his Alpha. Nothing.

Alec misses his Papa. He's been really mopey and grumpy for the past few days. Stiles hasn't told Alec why he couldn't see his Papa. It hurts him to lie to his son's face.

He told Laura what happened and she told him that her brother was an asshole and that Stiles deserved a better reason than that. He left about a hundred messages already and Derek still wouldn't budge. It was like they never existed.

A day after he called Laura, Talia came by the apartment with a frown on her face and then hugged the living lights out of him. He cried in her arms until he passed out.

They talked about what happened and how Derek reacted. Talia told him to give Derek some time to sort out his priorities. Eventually, Talia gave him some news about Derek for the past few days.

But two days ago, Talia came by again and asked him, "If Derek doesn't come back, what would you do?"

Of course Stiles was shocked by it at first but he smiled softly and said, "Then... I'll move out and he'll never see us again. It'll be for the best."

Stiles knew that they'll eventually have to move out if Derek doesn't come back. He loves Derek and if that meant letting him go and letting him live his life, then so be it. He still has Alec.

**

Stiles and Alec were cuddling on the couch while watching Avengers when the door to the apartment opened. It was Derek. He wore a dark green Henley and his signature leather jacket on. Alec immediately got up from the couch and hugged him, "Papa! You're back! I missed you!"

"Me too, pup." Derek said as he kneeled down, kissed Alec's forehead and picked him up to engulf him in a tight embrace, inhaling his pup's scent.

Stiles awkwardly glanced down at his watch and saw that it was already a bit late and that Alec should go to bed now.

"Pup, you need to go to bed soon." Stiles said as he walked towards them. He maintained a good distance between him and Derek. Alec pouted but gave out a large yawn. He rubbed his eyes and said, "Will Papa still be here when I wake up?"

Stiles and Derek exchanged looks and from the looks on Derek's face, he looked like he will stay...

"I... Y-yea... Of course, pup... Papa will still be here when you wake up." He said reassuringly as he took Alec from Derek's arms and then went to his pup's room.

Alec fell asleep immediately and when Stiles got his bearings in line once more, he breathed in and out for a couple of minutes before he went back to the living room where he found Derek sitting on the couch with a sullen look on his face.

He sat beside him quietly and God, the silence was killing him. He wanted to know what was going on in Derek's mind right now.

"I... I missed you." He settled with that.

Derek glanced back at him and said, "I think we should take a break for a while."

"Oh..." that was all Stiles could manage to say. He nodded as the tears began welling up once more.

"I just can't tell you that part of my life right now... I'm sorry." He said, his eyes staring coldly into the Omega's teary ones.

Should've kept your mouth shut. Should've just went with the flow. Stupid Stiles. Stiles thought to himself, over and over again.

"I-I understand... I shouldn't have expected too much." The young Omega muttered as he grabbed Derek's hand and held it one last time against his cheeks and nuzzled it, "I love you."

**

A/N: Please don't hate me... I promise good things will come soon :*