The Hurt Will Pass

Beacon Hills is a place that held both wonderful and painful memories for Stiles. Although he ran away from it, he still wanted to come back to it... to his home.

*

"Pup, are you ready to go?" Stiles asked as he grabbed his satchel from the coat rack by the door. He checked his phone for the time and sighed in relief to find out that they were quite early. Alec ran towards him and smiled, "I'm ready, Daddy!"

"Let's go! It's your first day, do you have your pencils?" Stiles asked as they exited the Hale house.

It was Stiles who asked Talia that if they were going to provide a house for him, he'd rather move back to Beacon Hills to have a fresh start and to be able to visit his parents' graves. Talia was shocked when she found out that Stiles was the son of Sheriff John and Claudia Stilinski. She told him that they were good friends and that she was deeply heartbroken of their passing. She decided that Stiles should live in the old Hale house. He hesitated but Laura told him that she'll be moving in with them since she needed some peace and quiet for her new book.

So, here they are. Alec cried when Stiles told him that he won't be able to see his Papa for a while. He kept asking when will his Papa be joining them but all the young man could manage to say was, "In time, pup."

Alec was still trying to adjust to the sudden change in his life but Stiles was there to help him through it.

Laura was still asleep when they left the house but Stiles left a good and hearty breakfast for her in the microwave. They've only been here for three days and he still misses Derek a whole damn lot. Talia tells him that Derek threw himself to work. He frowned because he didn't really like Derek working hard too much.

**

"Daddy, when is Papa coming here?" Alec asked for the nth time. They were driving out of the preserve to Alec's new school.

Stiles bit his lower lip and gave his son a nervous smile, "Pup, I told you... Papa needs time to fix some problems, okay? It'll take a while..."

Alec didn't speak any more throughout the drive. He looked out of the car window with frown on his face. He missed his Papa.

**

After Stiles dropped off Alec, he went to work at the bakeshop in town. He always loved baking because his mother always made cupcakes, cookies and cakes for him and his Dad. He loved the scents in the kitchen. He helped around the kitchen but most times he manned the cashier.

"Hey, Kira! Sorry I'm late." Stiles said the moment he entered the bakeshop. A petite woman with long black hair and black eyes came out of the kitchen with a sweet smile on her face and said, "Hey, Stiles! I just got here myself. Isaac's coming in a little late today though."

Kira Yukimura is a Beta. She's a fire kitsune and was the sweetest person that Stiles knew. She moved here from New York when her parents found out that a Nogitsune was wreaking havoc here in Beacon Hills. She decided to stay and put up a bakeshop. It was how she met Isaac, a Beta who loves being cuddled like a puppy.

They moved the freshly baked pastries on the counter. After that, Stiles turned the sign from 'Closed' to 'Open'.

**

Derek grunted and growled as he worked out all of his frustrations. Some days he ran, sometimes he did some martial arts, he lifted weights. He made himself busy and tired to get the thoughts of Stiles and Alec out of his mind. He needed to set his priorities straight first before he could face them.

At work, he buried himself in paperworks and meetings. If he wasn't on a meeting with some investors, he was answering e-mails and sorting out his own appointments. He never stops and quite frankly, his family was starting to worry.

"Son, you're pushing yourself too hard." His father told once during a once in a blue moon lunch with him.

"I'm okay, Dad. You don't need to worry about me too much." He said as he ate his pasta.

James' brows scrunched up and he said, "You should talk to a psychiatrist. I know someone who would love to help out."

Derek looked up from his food and gave an exasperated sigh, "Dad, I don't need a psychiatrist to tell me how badly I fucked up my relationship with Stiles."

"You didn't fuck up, Derek. You simply lost your way when Stiles wanted the truth." The older Hale explained as he sipped his wine slowly, a fond smile curling up his lips.

"It's just that... I think Mom is really mad at me right now for doing that to Stiles. I mean, I'm mad myself too but I can't just tell Stiles something that will change the way he looks at me. I can't..." He stopped and lowered his head into the palm of his hands in frustration.

James gave him a weary grin and said, "You're Mom isn't mad at you, son. Disappointed, yes, but not mad. She can never stay mad at you. She just wants you to correct your mistakes while you still can. You know how she is, she was brought up as the perfect heir to the Hale lineage before she met good ol' me. She loves you and Stiles and Alec all the same."

His father's words struck him deeply and he smiled fondly at his Dad's words of wisdom, so he took the psychiatrist's number from him and called in for an appointment.

**

"Hey, I'm just going to pick up Alec from school!" Stiles said as he fished out the keys of his car (the red Audi that Derek gave him) and then he bumped into someone.

"Oh my, God! I'm so sorry... Are you okay?" He suddenly asked as he looked up to see a woman with long dirty blonde hair and green eyes. She frowned a bit at her shirt and her slightly spilt coffee but smiled stiffly at Stiles.

"It's okay, no blood, no foul... just coffee." She said as Stiles fished out his handkerchief and held it out to her, "Thanks. It's a good thing I was just passing by to get some goodies before going home." she added.

"I'm so sorry, Miss. I was in a hurry to get my kid and I wasn't paying attention. I'm sorry, let me pay for the dry cleaning." He apologized once more.

"It's okay. I'm Kate, by the way. And don't worry about it, kid. Go on your way."

After that, Stiles went on his way to pick up Alec from the school.

**

The psychiatrist's name was Dr. Alan Deaton. He was a family friend and has been the Hale Emissary since Talia took over the Hale pack.

He was a dark skinned man, has a stoic facial expression. One look and he already knew who Derek was the moment he entered the room.

"So, Mr. Hale, or should I call you Derek? Which would you prefer?" Alan asked as he gestured for Derek to sit on the couch.

"Derek would do, Dr. Deaton." The young Alpha replied as he pulled off his leather jacket and placed it on the arm of the couch.

Alan nodded and crossed his legs, "So, where do you suppose should we start?"

"Take a pick, Doctor... should we start with Paige? Kate? Jennifer?... Stiles, maybe?"

**

A/N: I finished early! Oh my, God! I read the comments and I couldn't help but feel really good about my writing. Anyway, I just want you guys to know how thankful I am for the support and love. I'll be updating again a little later because I need some sleep (it's nighttime here in the PH). Goodnight guys! :D