This One Thing is True...

A/N: I'm changing Paige's story just a little bit, okay? Okay. Here you go!

**

"Paige was..."

"She was so beautiful..."

"So full of life..."

"I thought we had more time..."

"She died in my arms... it was my fault."

Derek lowered his head in guilt the moment he told Deaton about Paige for the very first time in their sessions. It took some time for Deaton to get Derek to talk about Paige and her death, about how it affected his life through the years that came. Kate Argent was still a sore subject and whenever Deaton would ask about her, he would close his mouth and scowl at the good Doctor until the man changed the subject, leaving it for another time.

"Derek, Paige's death was something no one expected to happen. She was bitten by an Alpha bent on enlarging his pack. Her death had nothing to do with you." Deaton explained as he watched Derek cautiously.

"I was there... I could've saved her from that man but... I couldn't... because I wasn't strong enough. I couldn't save her... I was also an Alpha, I could've took him on but I so weak and helpless. I couldn't protect her.... if I hadn't asked her come to the distillery then she would still be alive..." the young Alpha muttered, his voice cracking slightly as if on the verge of tears.

Deaton sighed and then stared into Derek's eyes and said, "Yes, you were already an Alpha then, but what good would that have done, Derek? The Alpha you fought was older, more experienced... He didn't care about the treaty. From what you've told me about Paige, I think that she was a strong girl. Sometimes, loss can become a danger to oneself... blaming yourself won't bring back Paige, Derek."

"My advice to you is that, other than myself, talk to someone, to your sister, father, mother or maybe a significant other. Talking about it can be quite helpful. I've experienced loss myself." the Doctor said as a sad smile formed on his lips, as if he remembered a bitter memory of his past.

"Who?"

"My sister... Marin was an Emissary to an Alpha pack. I think your Mom knew one of them. She was caught between a cross-fire, a war between the Alpha pack and hunters. Her lover said that she died trying to apologize to me... My point is, talk to other people."

**

"Stiles? Alec?" Laura called out the moment she opened the door to the house. She could hear two heartbeats in the kitchen and giggling as the scent of tomatoes and herbs engulfed her senses.

"Laura! We makin' 'ghetti ang meatballs like what Papa used to do." Alec said when she came into the kitchen. The pup had a big smile on his face and Stiles shook his head with small smile on his own.

Laura placed a kiss on Alec's forehead and then went to look over Stiles' shoulder and smell the sauce, "Hmmm... smells exactly like Derek's." she hummed in agreement.

"Well, this'll be done in ten minutes. Go take a shower then we'll eat while watching Frozen because the young gentleman needs his Disney-fix." Stiles told her as Laura gave him a fake salute before heading off to her room.

After a couple of minutes, Laura emerged from her room with her hair in a bun, a well-worn maroon volleyball jersey with the number 08 and the name 'HALE' on her back and some gray sweatpants.

"I could smell the food from the bathroom and stomach was going 'Let me eat!'" Laura said as she picked up Alec from his high chair and settled him on to her hip before she grabbed her bowl of food.

Alec eyes stared at Laura's stomach, his brows slightly scrunched down and said, "I dun' hear anything, Laura!"

"Oh, pup, my stomach is okay now so you won't hear anything. I have food now, see?" Laura said as they settled on the couch. Stiles watched them as he prepared his bowl and Alec's.

-

After watching Frozen, Alec automatically fell asleep between them. Stiles carried him to his room and went back to clean the dishes with Laura.

"He getting some help." Laura said out of the blue.

Stiles tilted his head to the side confusedly as he slowly handed her a plate to dry off, "Derek?"

"Yep, he called to let me know. He said that he tried calling your phone but it kept going through voicemail. Are you still not ready to talk to him yet?" She asked as she glanced at the young Omega, who had a small smile on his face the moment he turned to look at Laura.

"Did he? I haven't checked my phone today. It's in my room... did he say anything else?" He asked, his face lit up like a child's at Christmas and it was quite a sight to see.

Laura grinned madly and said, "Well, as a matter of fact, he wanted me to tell you that he misses you and the pup. You should check on his message... I'll handle the dishes, okay?"

Stiles' eyes widened and then hugged Laura with soapy hands before he apologized, saying 'thank yous' in between. He wiped his hands clean and went up straight to his room.

He grabbed his satchel and dug in to it in search for his phone and when he found it, his shoulders slumped down because it was already dead. He grabbed the charger from the top of his bed and quickly plugged it in.

A couple of minutes later, he opened his phone and he had unread messages from Laura earlier today and a couple voicemails from Derek. With shaky hands, he opened the voicemail and the sound of Derek's voice made him breathe in relief and happiness.

"Hey, Stiles, h-how are you? Are you doing okay? Are taking your Adderall? God, I wish I could see you right now... I, uh... I've been getting some help... y'know, sorting out my problems. I-I'm trying to get myself to be more honest with my issues and Deaton, my psychiatrist, told me that talking to someone other than him helps quite a lot... I-I know I messed us up but I'm trying get better for us. I know that I made the issue bigger than it was but Stiles, you have to know that I didn't mean for that to happen-"

The message cut off and Stiles quickly listened to the next one with tears forming in his eyes.

"Before I met you, I was a different man... I always worked. I didn't do relationships, always playing around because in my mind... if I settled down, the same thing will happen again. I was in a bad place and then... I can't tell you right now, but I promise you that when the right time comes, I'll come home to you. I love you so fucking much that it hurts everyday that you're not here with me, beside me, in my arms. I always dream of you and Alec and it really hurts. I hurt you and our pup and I don't want that to ever happen again..."

"I love you, Stiles. I'll come home to you and we'll be together again... please, just hold on to that, okay? I'll be with you soon. Tell our pup that Papa loves him and that I miss him... I love you."

After hearing Derek's messages, the tears just came rushing down on his cheeks. Tears of joy to be precise. He laughed as he cried, clutching his phone into his chest as he sobbed for Derek.

His heart swell in pride for Derek.

He checked his phone and typed a message to Derek.

To Derek (9:18PM)

I love you.

**

A/N: There!  Done for the day :) Did you guys liked it? I hope you did.