If You Let Me

A/N: So, remember how Derek was evolving into a wolf by the end of the season 4? Yea, I'm using that as well, not the dying part but the WOLF part. Laura will be in her wolf form. Note: Only the Hales could transform into full wolf form, okay? Okay. Proceed!

**

From Stiles:

I love you.

It was simple but it meant everything for Derek. It was enough for him to go through the day with his head held high and the knowledge that Stiles still loves him.

He held his phone close to his chest and fell asleep with thoughts of Stiles and Alec welcoming him home flooded his mind.

**

"Hey, Stiles, do you remember that woman you bumped into the other day?" Kira asked out of the blue as they made peanut butter and jam cookies in the kitchen. Isaac was the one in charge out front and Stiles took the liberty of helping out Kira in the kitchen.

Stiles glanced up at Kira, who had a worried look on her face as she bit her lip nervously, "Yea, why? What's wrong? Did she come back while I was on my off day?"

Kira shook her head and said, "No, but you have to be wary of Kate Argent. Her family are werewolf hunters and I think that you should know that since you're living with the Hales."

"Woah... did you say Argent? Oh my, God... one of my best friends back in Seattle is an Argent... she said she used to hunt werewolves but then she met Scott... and holy shit..." Stiles' eyes widened in realization, he dropped the bowl on to the table, shoulders slumped down and then leaned back on the wall.

"Stiles, you have to be careful now. If she finds out that you're living with the Hales, she might come after you." Kira said nervously as she stood beside Stiles, "My Mom told me stories about Kate Argent and Gerard Argent. They don't follow the Code that has been in their family for years. Also... I think that the reason the Hales moved out of Beacon Hills all those years ago was because of Kate. She tried to kill one of the Hales..."

**

The moment Stiles got home, Alec and Laura were in the backyard, with Laura in her wolf form. She was bouncing from side to side, tail swinging in the air as she played with Alec, "Laura!" the pup squealed in joy as he tried to catch Laura but the wasn't really all that successful in his pursuit.

He walked towards them and Alec automatically threw his arms around his Daddy's neck, "Daddy, Laura won't let me touch her fluffy tail!" the pup whined and pouted comically.

Laura's tongue lolled to the side and then barked in agreement. She trotted towards the house and the two followed. Alec and Stiles went to the kitchen to get some drinks and then Laura came out of the bathroom in her jeans and gray Henley.

When Alec got his drink, he went to the living room to watch some cartoons, leaving the two adults in the kitchen.

"Hey, Laura... I want to ask you something really important." Stiles started as he settled his bottle of water on to the table.

Laura tilted her head to the side in confusion and proceeded to sit on one of the stools, "Sure, ask away."

"Did something happen between you and the Argents a few years ago?" He asked nervously.

Her brows raised in surprise but nodded anyway, "Y-yea... it was back when Derek was still in high school... Kate came into town and everything changed for us. I can't tell you now, because that's Derek's story to tell, okay? All I can tell you is that Kate Argent is bad news and that you must stay away from her."

Stiles nodded instantly and he breathed in easy, "Thank you for answering that, Laura... Can you watch Alec for a while... I really need to talk to Derek."

Laura nodded and went to the living room to join Alec on the couch. Then Stiles went up to his room and sat on his bed.

He contemplated on actually calling Derek but he just wanted some reassurance, something to get him through the night.

He slowly stood up and walked over to his side table where his phone was and picked it up. He searched for Derek's name, his thumb hovered over the 'Call' button. Thoughts suddenly rushed through his mind like, 'What if he's busy?', 'What if he's already asleep?' and things like that.

But without even realizing it, he had already pressed the button and the call was made.

He pressed his phone to his ear and patiently waited for the Alpha to answer his phone.

"Stiles? What's wrong?" Derek asked, his voice hoarse like he just woke up.

"Oh my, God... did I wake you? You were already asleep... I'm so sorry for-"

"No, no... I was just taking a nap. W-wow... it's really good to hear your voice right now." Derek interrupted him and reassured him that it was, in fact, alright to have woken him up.

The Omega sighed in relief as he sat back down on his bed and said, "Thank goodness then. Anyway... I just wanted to... just wanted to hear your voice."

"Me too...but every freaking time I try, I get scared. I miss you, Stiles. You sound distressed, are you okay?" Derek asked. Stiles could hear the sound of sheets ruffling in the background.

"Argent... I met another Argent here..." Stiles said, his voice shaking a bit.

Derek was silent for a moment and then he spoke, "Which Argent?"

"Kate Argent..."

"Stiles, remember I told you that I was in a bad place before I met you... It had something to do with Kate Argent. I can't go on to details but that woman is bad news... I... Fuck, I want to go where you are right now, lock you up and protect you guys from her." Derek said as he growled on the other side of the phone.

Stiles could picture his Alpha, scowling and his eyes glowing red in anger at the thought of someone hurting them.

"I bumped into her at the bakeshop where I work... Kira knows her and she said the same thing... Der, I want you here with us too..." Stiles said, a whimper escaping his mouth.

"I love you... please, just be careful, okay? Stay away from her. I'll tell Mom that there are Argents there, okay?"

**

A/N: TBC! Sorry that was kind of short... I currently have a headache the size of Texas, so I couldn't get my thoughts in line... Anyway, I'll just post something tomorrow when my head is feeling better, okay? Okay.