Chapter 5

Today was a good day.

The sun was out,some clouds in the sky,and there was a nice breeze blowing through the base.

'This is nice. I wonder what everyone is going to do today.' Thought H-44.

He was currently walking through the base and could see many of the girls going about their day. He could see some Eagle destroyers, the Fletcher class if he remembered correctly, playing around with one another.

He smiled at the sight. They may just be the manifestations of warships but they were also humans. They were just stronger and more durable than your average human.

As he was walking some of the others noticed him and waved hello,which he returned.

Strange.

He had only been on the base for a month but it felt like he had been here for years. The other ship girls probably had a hand in making him feel welcome. For the first few weeks he had only really ever talked to the IronBlood girls. The only non IronBlood girls he talked to were Belfast,Takao,Akashi,Enterprise,and the Commander.

But after talking to Enterprise did he go and socialize with the other girls. If you needed to talk to him,he would normally be either in the Commander's office,the IronBlood dorms,or the mess hall,helping out with the food.

He discovered that he loved to cook food but where he really shined,was baking sweets. He would sometimes be seen with Dunkerque.

The two were normally seen exchanging recipes for sweets

The two were normally seen exchanging recipes for sweets. The two could also be seen giving said sweets to the girls that come back from a mission or come back from a commission.

Most days he would be in the Commander's office. She decided to choose him to be here secretary for the month. Apparently she did this with her ship girls every month so that they wouldn't fight over who could be the better secretary. She chose him for this month so that she could get to know him better.

Location: Commander's office

"I have a surprise for ya, H-44!" The Commander said cheerfully.

"Hmm?" He hummed while tilting his head a bit.

What was it that she had for him? He was a little curious about what it could be so he waited for her to continue.

"In case you didn't know by now,we had to gather a lot of combat data to get you." She told him.

That was a surprise. He didn't know they need to gather data just to summon him but he couldn't see where this was going so he decided to wait a bit more.

"Now comes the real surprise. When we were gathering the data to get you we kinda got more than we needed. Because of that we can also summon H-39,also known as Friedrich der Grosse!" She said.

Now that was a real surprise. They could now summon Fred. He was surprised and happy to hear that. It must have showed on his face because the Commander smiled and giggled. When he heard her giggle,his face flushed and he looked away to hide the blush.

"Danke." He mumbled.

He quickly shook it off before asking her when they could summon Fred.

"We could start now if you and Bismarck agree to it." She said.

That surprised and confused him. Bismarck, he could understand,she was the leader of IronBlood. But him?

"Why do you also need my permission to summon her?" He asked.

"The other IronBlood girls see you as the second-in-command,just after Bismarck." The Commander explained.

"Oh." Was all H-44 said "Well,let's go find Bismarck then."

The Commander nodded.

The went off in search of Bismarck to get her permission. As the Commander went to open the door-

*BOOM*

Everything turned black.

(A/n: Hey everyone sorry for the late upload but I went to go eat with my grandma and then played halo for a bit before going to work. This is not a draft. This is pure unaltered writing from start to finish. I literally thought of this word for word at work. I hope you enjoy it all the same. Until next time everyone.)