Beginning of the End

"QUIET!"

That shout stopped all chatter in the auditorium.

The Commander was there on the stage with her hands behind her back and a serious look on her face.

"I have two things to say right now." She began.

"The first is that our very own Y/n, or H-44, has gotten a retrofit." She said.

That surprised everyone. It was quite for a second before some people started to cheer. After all, their strongest ship just got a lot more stronger.

The Commander raised her hand to quite the room once more.

"The next thing I have to tell you is that HQ believes that they have found the Sirens main base of operations. They want us to take part in a joint operation with other Azur Lane forces. They believe that if multiple fleets from multiple bases were to attack all at once the Sirens would not be able to react fast enough to bring in more forces. That means we'll need to hit hard and fast with everything we've got. Unfortunately only Sirens can enter and exit but thanks to the scientists, Azur Lane forces can now enter as if they were Sirens. All of you are strong. Really strong. And that's why I need you to give it your all. Because this operation can end this war once and for all!"

Everything was silent before cheering could be heard coming from everyone.

"This is it!"

"We can finally end this!"

"Will there finally be peace?"

"Finally!"

"Let's show those bitches what's coming to them!"

"Did ya hear that Chips?"

"Yeah I heard it mate!"

"HaHa!"

Everyone had something to say about the news. All of it good. They were excited at the thought that the war was finally coming to an end.

Many were afraid that the conflict would never end,but to hear that it might? They were overjoyed to hear that it was soon.

"Alright! I want everybody,human and kansen,to get rested up and prepare. We'll need to go to the new base their setting up close to the enemy HQ. That new base is where we'll launch the attack."

"DISMISSED!"

Everyone saluted and left to get ready for the final fight.

You left the auditorium and went back to the IronBlood dorms. Along the way many people complimented on your new armor and sword. Some asked if they could take pictures of you. You agreed and let them. You even decided to pose with some of them.

After the picture taking was done you continued on to the dorms.

While you were walking you suddenly felt something hit your leg. You looked down to see what it was.

A small horse was the cause. It had a white coat with a purple mane and tail,purple eyes and wings and a horn.

You knew exactly who this was.

"Hm? Yuni (U-Chan) what are you doing,being this far away from Unicorn?" You ask the small creature.

You knelt down to pick him up.

"Come on. Let's get you back to Unicorn. She's probably worried sick about you."

Thankfully the Royal Dorms wasn't that far from the IronBlood dorms.

Upon entering you could hear frantic footsteps all around the dorm and knew exactly what was going on.

You went further in to try and find someone. Fortunately you didn't have to look much further. Even more fortunate Unicorn was the first one you found.

"Unicorn." You called.

She turned to you and you could see the sad face she was making before it changed into a beaming smile upon seeing her companion in your arms.

"YUNI!" She cried and ran over to you with her arms open wide.

You let the small creature go and watched as it went to Unicorn.

You smiled at the reunion before bidding everyone a farewell.

"Thank you!" You could hear Unicorn yell and when you looked to her you could see her waving to you.

You gave her a small smile and a wave back before continuing on to the IronBlood dorms.

You finally made it without anymore interruptions.

Entering, you could see that the sub and destroyer girls were sitting and doing nothing. You could tell they were nervous about the upcoming battle.

The sound of the dorm doors opening and closing brought their attention to the doors. Upon seeing you in the doorway, their eyes lit up before they all ran up to you.

They started to ask you if they would be alright or if this mission would succeed.

They were asking so many questions you couldn't tell who asked what anymore.

You decided to give them all a group hug to calm them down.

"Listen." You told them. "We'll be alright and we will see to it that this mission succeeds."

"If need be,I'll charge straight into the enemy to let you girls escape." You told them.

"Just believe in us and our allies and we will make it back in one piece." You said.

The girls had calmed down by this point and nodded at your words before going to their rooms to get some rest or to prepare for the final mission.

"That was sweet of you." You heard the voice of Bismarck say.

You turned around and saw her with Fred at the top of the stair case.

"I only told them the truth. I'll do it if I need to. To protect all of you." You said with conviction.

They smiled.

That night you laid in bed with Bismarck and Fred on either side of you. The three of you decided to rest up before the final battle.

As you were lost in thought you felt Bismarck move a little and looked to her. She was looking at you,seemingly sensing that you couldn't sleep.

The two of you just looked at each other for a bit before Bismarck leaned in and kissed you lovingly before separating. She smiled at you and you returned it before feeling your head being turned in the opposite direction and then feeling Fred's lips on yours.

The two of you also separated before you looked at the two of them. You gave them a smile before giving them both one last kiss before sleep overtook the three of you.

(A/N: How was that? The reason I haven't uploaded recently was because I didn't like the earlier drafts of this chapter. This is ultimately what I went with but I fell like I could have done a little bit better but let me know what y'all think. Until next time everyone!)