Always An Option

(A/N Enjoy...)

Stay Healthy, Stay Safe!

"Hi handsome!" A girl who just got rejected by Phana traced her hands on Beam's shoulder blade. Beam shooed her away angrily using his hand.

It's something that wasn't new for him now. It started happening just a month ago, when his best friends got boyfriends. And now, he had no one to ease his heart by making him their priority.

Today, Beam rejected girls after girls at the bar because he no longer feels precious. He wasn't the first born child, he always came second in class after Phana, all the girls who tried hitting on him that night were rejected by Phana, which means he was the second choice of those girls. Not only that but his best friends made him their second priority now because their first priority was their boyfriends.

He felt frustrated, useless and always inferior to someone else. He wanted to feel precious, he wanted to be someone's priority.

When Beam shooed the girl away Kit, his boyfriend Ming and Phana with his Boyfriend Wayo looked at him. They knew something was wrong with him but they couldn't find out 'why'.

First Phana and Kit thought, it was because Beam didn't like their boyfriends but they soon found out that Beam wasn't angry or jealous or heartbroken as they have boyfriends because Beam was on good terms with them. They tried asking him too but he was not helping.

Phana and Kit, knowing that alcohol will help them to find out what's inside Beam's mind, decided to make him drunk.

Beam was a bit drunk but sober enough to know what he was doing. Kit held Beam's hand trying to soothe him but ...

Bammm!!!

Beam tossed Kit's hand so hard that it hit the table somehow. Beam's  eyes got teary instantly. He saw how Kit's face turned in pain. He could see Kit was in pain.

"Sorry... Sorry..." He mumbled and looked at Kit then Ming, Phana and Wayo and left the table, running.

He didn't do it on purpose. He was feeling disgusted with himself. He was feeling so selfish. He wanted his friend's attention but when he got it he wasn't feeling good at all. He wanted  to feel happy since Phana and  Kit asked him to tag along. It was like a drinking party they had before their boyfriends happened. The only difference was today they had two other members in their group. Not that he hated Wayo or Ming or feeling jealous but he wasn't happy. He couldn't put his feelings in words.

Kit and Phana were quick to run after Beam. They didn't want Beam to get himself fed to the hungry women. And hell, some men too wanted to taste him and in his drunken state he wasn't safe from the men too.

They ran after Beam so fast and now Beam was opening his car door. Phana caught his hands.

"Beam!" He said with pleading eyes.

"Phaa..." Beam said and he couldn't stop his tears and when he saw Kit running his hand on his back it got worse.

"Let me go." Beam said with pain in his eyes.

"No. It's because of us, right?" Now it was Ming. Beam turned his head to the owner of the voice.

"No... No..." Beam tried saying.

"You weren't behaving like this before we got your friends as our boyfriends." Ming said. Everyone knew it was true.

"It's not like I hate you... It's just..." Beam said and begged, "Please let me be alone if you guys want to help me..." Beam sat in his car and left them within a minute.

Beam drove the car without thinking of any destination. He didn't even know where he was heading to. He just went on driving. He looked at the beer cans on the back seat of his car. He grabbed one. It was supposed to be in his fridge. He bought it as supply for a month.

He just stopped outside a hotel. It was the weekend and he knew it would be busy but he didn't want to go back to his dorm and face Kit in the morning. He wanted to ease his heart. He didn't hate anyone but he wasn't comfortable either. He wanted to be calm, relax and get over this feeling of being the second choice.

He went inside the hotel and asked the receptionist to book a single bed room.

"Ooh!! Sorry Mr. We don't have a room left but we'll give it to you if that man" She pointed at a man,"Agrees to book a double bed room then you'll get that room." Beam didn't even look at that man.

Now, Beam banged the table hard and moved right away. He sat in his car and started driving and drinking the beers one after another while thinking.

'Why am I so unlucky? Why can't I even get a room in a hotel? And I could get it if only someone rejects it. Great!!'

Beam laughed at himself. He gulped the beer again. He looked at the empty cans he threw on the passenger seat of his car.

'First that girl tried to flirt with me because Pha rejected her, then I had to wait for someone to reject the room so I could get it!!! Great !!! Beam you're Always a second option. You get something only when others don't want it!'

'Since your birth idiot! You got Candies because your elder sister rejected it. Why? Because she liked dark chocolates and it would only come to me if she rejected the Candies. And ....

And ... Here I am studying medicine because she wanted to do engineering and my parents wanted their child to be a doctor. So I am becoming a doctor because my sister REJECTED being a doctor.'

'Why life offers me something which is either rejected by someone or which is always second option. Why can't I be anyone's first option? Why can't I be anyone's priority? Why can't someone choose me first?

The worst part!! People think I'm Casanova and I've eaten almost half of the girls from university!!! Which is true but ... Hell!!! I've done virgins because they were rejected by some stupid boys and they wanted to ease their pain by getting done by me!!!

What do people think of me? Why am I always a second choice?'

Beam was thinking hard while driving. His eyes were shading tears non stop. And suddenly his car stopped.

He looked at his car and realised it was out of gas. He got more frustrated. He took his phone out of his pocket to see time and saw his phone with more than 100 missed calls. He just threw it in the passenger seat where the beer cans already occupied the space. He then got out of the car. He stood outside for some time but his legs felt weak because of the effect of alcohol and he sat on the road in the midnight taking support of the car at his back. He hung his head down, then pulled his legs towards his chest and held those with his arms. He continued to hang his head down for some time.

"Beam." A voice startled him. He thought he knew this voice but before he could see the face of the owner of the voice everything got blurry and then blank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N

"Can you guess the owner of the voice?!!!

I don't know how I came up with this story in my mind but it happened!!! So I posted it before I forgot it.

I hope you enjoy this story. I still don't know how much time Beam needs to regain himself and get over his uneasy thoughts. So, I can't say if it will be a short story or long one. It depends upon Beam, not me 😉 ...

Don't forget to tell me what you think about this story. Vote or add it to your reading list or comment on it if you like... I won't request you to do so because it's your choice.

See you soon.)

Date : May 23, 2020.