Realization

Beam's POV

I was wondering where Forth would take me for the date. I slept throughout the journey and was blindfolded afterwards. I believed whatever Forth would give me would turn out to be the best surprise for me.

Forth and I was talking when he stopped the car and asked me to get off.

As I was walking with him, the noise of quarrel? Seemed like people were shouting and yelling.

But when I reached closer...

"Why are you doing this to us?" A crying voice.

"Revenge, my dear. Revenge. You will lose him. You have to feel what I did."

"You cannot do this... You will never succeed."

"Hahaha!!! I have... And just see what happens..."

I think I knew these voices. I opened my blindfolds and ran inside. I ran inside the place I knew.

"Beam!!"

I was standing in my own house! It was my father and mother who were shouting at my Aunt Maya, my psychiatrist. And she was laughing... wickedly?

I looked at Forth and he too was shocked to see whatever was happening in front of him. Maybe he too didn't expect this. I was still wondering how he knew my house and how he brought me here?

"Beam...." My mother cried again and came running towards me. She hugged me. She cupped my face and then she pecked my face as if we were meeting after years? But ... indeed we were meeting after a year. Wasn't she the one who never loved me? I was standing like a statue. I could only see her tears and concern.

"Oh, dear sister. Stop already with the drama. He knows you don't love him, right Beam? Wasn't she the one who always put your sister and her demands as her priority?" Aunt Maya said as she came towards me and pulled me to her side. "Beam, my baby, all the people standing here, including your boyfriend, they don't love you Beam. You are no one's priority Beam. You are always the second... The one who had to fight to get whatever you wanted..."

"Stop manipulating him, Maya." My father roared and everyone flinched.

"Beam, dear, it was never like what you thought. We all love you. Your mother, your sister, I, your friends, your boyfriend Forth..." Father was saying calmly but as he uttered Forth's name, I was shocked... How? I looked at Forth. Did he know father? Did father know him? He was not showing any expressions.

"No Beam, don't listen to them. It's their plan. It's their plan to take you away from me." Aunt Maya was crying.

"You... You evil woman... Stay away from my child..." Mother shouted and then she fainted.

"Aunty..."

"Aunty..."

Two voices were heard and I was Kit and Pha storming inside the hall from one of the rooms of my house. Phana checked her vitals and Kit was calling someone.

I was standing like a statue. I didn't understand anything that was happening. I felt Forth engulfing me from my left side. I didn't know whom to trust at this moment. I started crying in his arms... I was just wishing that he was on my side, he's still on my side, he will be on my side forever. He's the only one I love. He's the one I believe. I hugged him tightly...

.

.

.

.

The doctors checked mom and said that it happened because of stress.

I was sitting next to my mother who was sleeping on the bed. I took her hand in mine... It made me scared to think about my life without her. Did I hate her that much? What was her mistake? Did she never love me? Didn't she care about me? Was I really not her priority?

I started remembering the past... Was it she who hated me? Was it my father? No. never... She gave me whatever I wished to have before I could have asked. Always celebrated my success. Always stood by my side when I felt low. She always cooked my favourite dishes to cheer me up. I looked at dad who was sitting on the other side of bed. Wasn't he the one who brought me a video game at midnight because I was too stubborn. I refused to eat dinner if he didn't bring me the video game. It was mom and dad who didn't sleep for a blink of an eye whenever I was hospitalised. Wasn't it my sister who always fought with boys who bullied me when I was child? It was she who bought me a new phone on my birthday with all her pocket money because my friends had the new modelled phone and I didn't. Wasn't she the one who asked dad to give me a car on my 18th birthday?

Was it really that I did not want to become a doctor? It was me who always wanted to be the doctor. Wasn't it mother who always said that 'No matter who stands first in the exam, it's the knowledge you get that matters to me. I would only wish you to be a better doctor.'

When did I start thinking that I am not loved, I always stand second, I am no one's priority?

Wasn't it aunt Maya who told me... It was she who fed all these ridiculous thoughts in my mind. I started becoming more and more agitated and anxious after I met her.

It was she who found me one day in a cafe when I was sitting alone when Phana and Kit were on date with their boyfriends... It was a year ago... I was looking at my result... I had stood second. I was felling a bit low... 

She was the one who talked to me and told me to meet her at her home. She told me that I was depressed when I was just alone and needed someone to share my time. She asked me about my family and made me think about it the way she wanted me to. It was she who told me that whatever sadness I feel is noting but depression. Was I really depressed? Or was it she who manipulated me to think like that? 

With mom's hand still in mine, I was thinking about all this when I felt dad's hand on my shoulder. I placed mom's hand on her stomach and turned to dad.

We didn't need any words. Dad hugged me and I hugged dad for a while. He was patting my back as I was only crying harder.

"Sorry, dad." I said to him after crying.

"That's okay, son... But we all want to know how you met Maya and..."

"I too had many questions dad. But where is she?" I asked about aunt Maya.

"She walked out..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: I hope some doubts are cleared... Others will be revealed in upcoming chapters...

Are you all enjoying?

Well... We're near the end...

And .... @Reva_sh congratulations!! You guessed it right that... Aunt was a suspicious character...)