CHAPTER TWO

As Steve bolts out of my room to collect his things so we could leave, I pick up two of my suitcases that I had when I first moved here, shoving in a bunch of clothes, jeans, shirts, socks, lingerie, and Billy's denim jacket that he had given me o...

As Steve bolts out of my room to collect his things so we could leave, I pick up two of my suitcases that I had when I first moved here, shoving in a bunch of clothes, jeans, shirts, socks, lingerie, and Billy's denim jacket that he had given me on Valentine's Day, since he knew I loved to wear his jackets. I come back from reminiscing, closing the suit cases and pulling on my kicks.

I quickly hurry into the hallway, knocking lightly on Dustin's door, "Dust?"

"Yeah." I hear the muffled voice of my cousin reply.

"I'm coming in." I warn, opening his door to where he was feeding Yertle.

"Okay, do you want something? You never come in my room." Dustin accuses, putting the top on his pet's cage.

I chuckle, "Um, no. Actually, I'm leaving."

His head snaps to me, and his smile drops, "What? Why?"

"I'm gonna come back, I'll just be gone for awhile. Steve and I are going to Mystic Falls, but -"

"You and Steve are leaving?" Dustin's eyes were glossing over, "Why do you have to leave? Why?"

"Dustin-" I try.

"No," He cuts me off, "It's fine, I'll be fine. Will and El just moved away, and the parties a mess, but it's fine. You and Steve can go."

"Hey, come on, Dustin." I sigh.

"Goodbye, Emmie." Dustin waves, wiping the tears and pushing me out of his room, slamming the door closed.

Once I heard the click of the lock I frown.

"Is this a bad time?" I heard the sarcastic voice of Damon remark.

I roll my eyes, picking up my suitcase, "No, actually, perfect timing," I toss him one of my suitcases, "Here, take this. You're driving."

"Driving? What are you talking about?" Damon asks as I usher him out of the hallway.

"Mystic Falls, duh. Now, put my stuff in the trunk and I'll be out in a jiff." Damon stammers as I shove him out the door, handing him my other suitcase.

I then turn to my aunt, who's face was full of hurt, "You're leaving?"

"Yeah, aunty, but I'll be back soon." I hug her goodbye.

"Don't be gone to long, I'll miss you to much." She chuckles.

"I'll miss you too, aunty. I just have a few things to take care of, let's say a few months and I'll be back to pester you." I joke.

"Oh, I love you sweetie." My aunt pulls me into a bone crushing hug one last time.

"I love you too." I glance down the hall to Dustin's door, "Could you...have Dustin call me? He doesn't really want to talk right now, so when he's ready."

"Of course," My aunt nods, "He's just a little hurt right now, with everyone leaving, but he'll be fine in a few days."

My aunt smiles gently as I nod, slowly walking to the door, "Bye,"

"Bye, Emmie." Claudia waves, picking up her cat as it struts across the floor.

I hop into the front seat of Damon's beautiful car, it reminded me of Billy's, blue camaro and everything.

I gave Damon the directions to Steve's house before asking, "How'd you even get in?"

"How do you think? Your aunt really wanted to meet Elena's boyfriend," Damon glanced at me before looking back to the road.

I shake my head, "Of course she did."

"Who wouldn't want a piece of this?" Damon remarks as we pull up to Steve's house.

I shudder, quickly climbing out of his car and knocking on the door.

It opens up, and a scared Steve was looking back at me.

"Are you alright?" I ask him, as he glances behind me to Damon who was waiting impatiently in his car.

"No," He states, starting down his porch.

"Why? What's wrong?" I question, raising my eyebrows.

"I'm scared they're gonna eat me," Steve expresses, "Can you tell them not to eat me?"

I chuckle, "Their not gonna eat you, you're fine."

Steve nods confidently, and I let him into the back of Damon's car.

"Don't ruin my car, got it, hairball?" Damon orders, driving off after I close the door.

"Shut it, Damon." I sigh, grabbing onto the necklace dangling from my neck.

"You know, if I had that much hair..." Damon starts, but I reach over, turning up whatever station was on and draining out Damon's voice.

|

"Em, hey." Damon's voice says, "Hey, wake up."

My eyes blink open, and Damon licks his lips, "Finally."

I lift myself out of the car, letting Steve out as well as I look up at the boarding house.

"Jesus Christ," Steve's eyes widen, "And I thought my family had money."

I laugh, handing Steve his things as I carry mine into the house.

Damon assigns us to a room-that we have to share together, because apparently there's not 500 bedrooms in this damn house-, and I unpack my things.

"So this is the lavish lifestyle you lived before you moved to Hawkins?" Steve asks in amazement as we walk down the stairs.

"I wouldn't say lavish." I reply, giggling at Steve's astonished face.

"Why would you ever leave this place?" Steve questions, and I could hear Damon chatting with Elena over the phone somewhere.

"There was so much stuff going on, and my sister wanted me to get away from it. So did I." I answer, before stopping dead in my tracks at the person in front of me.

"Oh, you must be Elena, I'm Steve-"

"That's not Elena." I cut Steve off, wide-eyed, "Damon!"

After a few moments, Damon walks into the living room, "What do you want, Gilbert? I was trying to talk to your-"

Damon stops, and my doppelgänger takes this as a chance to intervene, "It's been a long summer, Damon."

"Katherine." Damon observes.

"That's me," Katherine boasts, "God, I need a drink."