CHAPTER NINETEEN

I shut the draw, smiling to Max who was sat on the huge bed

Luke had put a locater protection spell on Caroline's family cabin, so now here we are.

Nancy, Robin, Steve, and the rest of the kids were waiting for us in the other room.

We decided we would just chill out in there while Damon, Stefan, Elena, and Caroline drank and played charades downstairs.

The cell phone in the room starts to ring, and I pick it up, putting it to my ear, "Um, hello?"

All I could hear was static, and slight wind blowing, before a voice mumbles, "Emmie."

Alarmed, I slam the phone down, looking back to Max who sat up immediately, "Whats going on?"

"I heard someone," I reply, the voice replaying over and over again in my head, "I heard Billy."

|

"Wait, what?" Mike asks, crossing his long arms.

"You're sure it was Billy?" Dustin asks.

"What, you don't think I know his voice?" I retort.

"I just wanted to clarify!" He defends, putting his hands up.

"Does that mean...he's still alive?" Max looked up at me hopefully.

"Even if he was, where is he? He can't be in the upside down, because you can't interact with anything." Nancy states.

"How would he get the number here, though?" Dustin questions.

I begin to pace, "He can't be in the other side. There's no way of him getting there, and, like the upside down, you can't interact with anything."

Just then, Stefan bursts through the door, "We have a problem."

"What's the problem?" Steve asks.

"Bonnie said the other side's gotten much worse. Spirits can interact with our plane now. Enzo attacked Elena and took Luke." Stefan explains.

"Shit." Mike curses.

"Enzo's dead?" I question, Stefan replying with a nod. I sigh, "Okay, then, what are we gonna do?"

|

After a search for Luke, Stefan and Damon had found him, and brought him back to the cabin.

"I've been moving around too much." Steve comments as he zips up his bag.

I laugh, "Me too. But you do it 'cause you love me."

He rolls his eyes, smiling, "Mhm."

"You're driving!" Robin yells to Steve as we walk outside, the kids already packed into the car.

Steve groans, rolling his head back, "Whatever."

"I'll, uh, see you guys there." I call as everyone was now in the car.