CHAPTER TWELVE

"Hurry it up

"Hurry it up." Klaus teases, slowing down his pace as we walk towards the church.

"Sorry, Klaus. I don't have hybrid speed like you do." I grumble.

"I don't need hybrid speed, I just have longer legs," Klaus shakes his head, "And you're about to have no legs if you don't hurry it up."

"Empty threats now, huh?" I scoff, "And I thought I was slowly beginning to see a change in your behavior."

"What can I say? I'm the big bad wolf." Klaus pulls me along, and I let out a huff.

He shoves open the church doors, smirking. From somewhere in the distance, I could hear someone speaking, "Come on, Mr. Mayor. What is this, an electoral debate? Marcel overstepped. I will handle it."

I follow Klaus as he slowly opens the main doors, putting a finger to his lips, ordering me to be quiet.

"Easier said than done. Marcel is quite the little warrior," Klaus makes our presence known to what I am guessing to be the city council. As the security guard goes to push me back, Klaus grabs ahold of his fingers, breaking them in his grasp, "Uh-uh."

"Who the hell are you?" One of the men ask.

"My name is Klaus," He greets, motioning to me, "This is Emmie, human, like you all. Put a hand on her and you'll end up like him," He points to the suffering bodyguard on the ground, "And you lot are the faction-pillars of the community who maintain the city's supernatural balance. I should know. I created this group, only in my day, it was a bunch of pirates and corrupt politicians," He glances to them, "Looks like nothing's changed."

"One thing has. It's exclusively human now-no vampires allowed, especially no Originals. Maybe your friend here can stay." The priest counters.

Klaus bursts into laughter, "We haven't come to join. I've come to ask this group to utilize its considerable resources to find a witch elder named Agnus. All I need is an address."

I spin around, ignoring the argument that was taking place and looking around the church. I run my hands along the long table that was covered with a cloth, and as I reached the end, I slipped into the back. I race up the stairs, and to the attic, knocking lightly on the door.

This was the plan. As Klaus distracted everyone by asking about Agnus, I was going to sneak upstairs to Davina, and ask her to do the locator spell.

She turns around, "Oh, you."

"Yeah, me." I chuckle.

"Come in," Davina looks back down at the pages for a second, "I've been practicing that locater spell for you. I think I've got it down," I nod, smiling a little, "If you don't mind me asking, who are you looking for?"