CHAPTER THIRTEEN

It had almost been a week of looking for Billy in New Orleans, and there was still no sign of him

Steve and I have been searching non-stop, and only go back to the Mikaelson compound to sleep.

Klaus made good on his promise, but after a couple days I urged him to go back to his family and help them with whatever they had to deal with, and told him not to worry about me.

Today the Mikaelson's are moving out of the compound. Klaus is now the 'King' of New Orleans, and had moved away to where the old King used to live.

He had invited Steve and I to stay with him for the time being, but Steve immediately declined, stating that he would never want to live in a house with that many vampires lurking around.

Elijah and Rebekah were not allowed to live with him, because they betrayed him. At least, that's what Klaus said.

Steve was blabbering on about something Dustin said over the phone, when he stopped. Stopped talking, stopped walking, just stopped, "Holy shit."

My head snaps to him, "What?"

His mouth parts a bit and he runs his hands through his hair, "You remember how you had a feeling that Billy was still alive, only you thought he was in the Upside Down?"

I nod, "Yes."

"What if he's in the Upside Down? We know it's a replica of our world, only darker and scarier, maybe he's in New Orleans, but in another dimension of it?" Steve points out.

I take a step back, "I mean, yeah. You're right. Even if he was in this dimension, he was able to sense me, and we would have found him by now."

Steve licks his lips, nodding, "And whats the one place where all of the Upside Down is centered around?"

I stare back at him, wide-eyed, "Hawkins."

|

Immediately, we had gone to the hotel we were staying at and grabbed our stuff before checking out and driving straight to Indiana.

It was a long trip that left a tired Steve at the end, who refused to take a break the whole drive even after I begged him to.

We were now home, but as soon as we got there Steve went straight to sleep.

I was now in the kitchen, sitting in the dark, eating cereal by myself. I was using my spoon to swirl the milk around in the bowl, staring at it blankly.

"Emmie?" A voice calls into the dark.

I sit up in my seat, squinting into the shadows, "Hello?"

The light switches on, and a curly-haired boy was staring back at me in shock, "Wha-when'd you get back?"

I smile at my cousin, getting up and wrapping him in a hug, "Around 12. Steve's asleep in my room."

"He's here? What're you guys doing back? Did you find Billy?" Dustin bombards me with questions.

"Hey, calm down. No, we haven't found Billy yet. We suspect he's in the Upside Down-" I start.

"You suspect he's in the-? I thought you already knew he was there? So you've done nothing? Max has been so anxious to see how much progress you've made." Dustin explains with a hint of sass.

"I'm sorry, Dustin. And I know. Ive spent the whole summer trying but we just haven't found him yet, it's going to take me some time to-"

Dustin sighs over my talking, and I stop as he nods, "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't be so hard on you. But with El and Will gone and everything, everyone's been moody."

"I know," I sigh, pulling him into a side hug, "In the morning we can go see the party, okay? For now just go back to bed."

Dustin trails back to his room as I lean against the counter, my body shaking slightly as I begin to let my emotions out.

|

"The real question is, how did Steve not get eaten?" Lucas laughs with a mouthful of chips.

Steve only rolls his eyes, "Why would I get eaten? They loved me."

Lucas looked at me with narrowed eyes for confirmation, "No. But Rebekah totally had the hots for you."

Dustin sits up, "Who's Rebekah?"

"Isn't she, like, 1000 years old?" Steve scoffs.

"1,000!" Dustin exclaims.

"Steve and Rebekah sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love..." Lucas starts to sing as Max tells him to stop, but he only sings louder.

I burst into laughter, Dustin singing along with Lucas as Steve grumbles to himself.

The basement door opens and Mike comes running down, "What happened? What'd I miss?"

"Steve has a girlfriend!" Dustin announces.

I laugh at Mike's surprised expression, "Thats a first."

"I don't," Steve claims, "Sorry, but I would never date a vampire."

I roll my eyes, pulling my legs into a criss-cross position, "God, you sound like Matt," Now it's Steve's turn to roll his eyes, and Dustin smirks to himself, "What?"

"Nothing," He grins widely, "Nothing at all."

I decide to ignore it, Max standing up abruptly, "I think we should head to my house."

I nod, grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder as I stand up as well.

Max and I were gonna have a girls night. I thought it was a good idea since the death of Billy has both been bugging us. We needed a night to let go of it, and I felt now could be that time.

After saying goodbye to the boys, I hopped on Maxes bike and we rode to her house.

"Neil's not home." Max mentions, parking her bike and walking into the house.

After setting our things down and turning on some music, I speak up, "Dustin..." I start, Maxes head snapping to me, "He told me that you've been upset, out Billy."

Max picks up her shoulders, then brings them back down in a shrug, "I mean, yeah, he was my brother. But I know you've been trying your best. You want to see him more then anyone," I smile at the girl, and she turns the music up, "Come on, get up! This sleepover is supposed to make our worries disappear."

I laugh, standing up and dancing around the room with Max, both of us holding our hair brushes as we sing out the lyrics, "Don't stop believin'"

"Hold on to that feelin'!"

And that's how the night was spent, just us two girls having a blast, our only care being when the night would end.

A/N: this is all over the place, sorry ://// but i actually updated!! surprise surprise! thank you for waiting while i tried to push over my writers block, but i'm back! hope u enjoyed x