CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Don't tell Damon about Billy's dad

"Don't tell Damon about Billy's dad." Elena orders as Damon walks into the living room with some guy.

I nod slowly, still thinking about the situation.

"This is Luke, Liv's brother," Damon states, motioning to the blonde boy, "Liv couldn't make it so..."

Luke sighs, standing in front of all of us as he explains that he wasn't able to stop the visions Elena and Stefan were having about each other.

"What do you mean you can't stop their visions?" Damon asks.

"Our magic doesn't work like that. We're not bigger than the universe." Luke replies.

"Than why are you in my house?" Damon retorts.

"Because we need your help. We think the travelers are about to make their move. Their leader Marcos is here." Luke explains.

"So? One traveler against some witches and vampires. Can't be that hard to kill him." Nancy voices, crossing her arms.

"Actually," Robin speaks up, her and Steve standing in the door way, "The travelers are still alive. And doing what I assume they do best, travel."

"How'd Marcos get here? Chant camp?" Damon quips.

"The other side. He's been dead for centuries, and we think the fire sacrifice allowed him to escape." Luke tells him.

"Perfect. A dead old guy with a mysterious, evil plan," Elena remarks, standing up, "I'll take that drink now."

"Stefan just called. He said the scrap yards been completely cleared out." Caroline tells us, walking into the parlor.

"And let me guess-the witches don't know where Marcos is." Damon assumes.

"You guys said the visions are trying to draw Elena and Stefan together for something." Luke mentions.

"For our doppelgänger blood. The travelers need it for some prophecy." Elena answers, sipping her drink.

"And if the travelers are the ones who need your blood, doesn't it make sense that you're not only being drawn together but also..." Luke trails.

"Being drawn to them." Elena finishes.

"Well, this just keeps getting better and better." Damon comments, sarcastically.

"Wait. I don't get it." Caroline expresses.

"If the visions are a road map, then we need more clues. Break out the popcorn, girlies. Elena's little sex romp isn't over yet." Enzo jeers.

|

In one of her visions, Elena sees the place where Marcos is living, and Damon and Enzo leave to find him.

Caroline left to see her mom, who was a victim of one of the travelers, but luckily Tyler got it out with some kind of weird knife.

"Just choose any of the 500 guest bedrooms." Elena smiles softly as everyone starts to walk upstairs.

I noticed Elena was still stood in the same spot that was in front of the fire place, "You coming, Lena?"

"I'm gonna sleep at the dorm tonight." She mumbles.

She then lets out a huff of air, taking a seat, "Hey, you okay?"

"Not really." She whispers, shrugging.

"Everything will be fine soon." I try to comfort, but in reality, I knew I was wrong.

She turns around briefly, chuckling, before shaking her head, "You had to change bodies so you wouldn't get killed, I'm a vampire thats having magic visions about my ex, and we're both doppelgänger's in Mystic Falls. I don't think we'll ever be okay."

I nod slowly, sitting down next to her, "You're right."

"I'm sorry that I've been so wrapped up in my own world that I haven't really asked what it was like losing Billy. How have you been doing?" Elena asks, still staring at the crackling flames.

"There's no need to be sorry, Lena. You've been going through so much. We both have," I rub her back, "And I've been doing...better, I guess. I feel like I've been running around like a headless chicken trying to look for him."

"You'll find him, Em. He's still out there, searching for you too." She smiles sadly.

I sigh, "I went back to Hawkins because I thought he was in the Upside Down, but what am I supposed to do? Open up the portal and bring some dangerous monsters back into the world? I love Billy, but I can't do that."

"You'll figure it out. We always figure it out," She assures. After a moment, she shakes her head, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about dad."

I look to her with a chuckle, "You've been busy, Elena. It's not your fault, and I'm not mad."

She nods in understanding, "So...Billy's dad knew about vampires?"

I shrug, "I guess so."

"Small world." She laughs.

"Yeah," I smile, looking at her, "I missed you, Elena."

"I missed you too," She sniffles, "I know things aren't how they used to be, but I want you to know you will always be my number one."

I laugh a bit, hugging her tightly and standing up, "And you will always be my number one. Now I'm going to get some sleep, you should too."

She nods as I get up, making my way upstairs, settling down in the room I had picked to sleep in, which was the same one Steve and I shared not to long ago.

The kids had their own rooms, as did Steve, Nancy, and Robin. I never wanted them to get twisted up in all of this, but apparently nothing was going right for me. I just need to keep them safe. I can't have any other people I love getting hurt.