CHAPTER NINE

"That was nice," I smile as I trot down the stairs, finally coming out from my room after a couple days, "For Billy

"That was nice," I smile as I trot down the stairs, finally coming out from my room after a couple days, "For Billy."

Jeremy shrugs, "Yeah. I felt so bad about how they didn't even have a funeral or anything for him, so I thought, this would make Emmie feel better."

I smile, pulling Jeremy into a side hug and ruffling his hair, "You're the best little bro, you know that?"

"I know." Jeremy smiles cheekily as Damon walks in.

"So as we know, In a psychotic lapse of judgement, Bonnie brought you back to life and died in the process. May she rest in piece." Damon states, loudly and clearly, looking off somewhere in the distance.

"She's actually right over there." Jeremy motions towards the other couch as I get up, pouring a cup of bourbon.

"Whatever. Look. The whole point is, I just happen to know a supernatural being who just happens to want to die, and in the spirit of nature needing balance and life for a life and all that stuff, I just think it would be a huge waste of a perfectly good death." Damon claims.

"What are you talking about?" Jeremy questions.

"Something Elena doesn't need to know about until it works." Damon answers.

"And who's death are we talking about here?" I ask, downing the cup of bourbon.

Damon purses his lips, looking at Jeremy who raises his eyebrows, "Wait. You want to work with Silas?"

"What! No. Damon, no," I shake my head, nearly missing the table as I place down the glass, "He-uh, kidnapped me! Remember that? Or are we just gonna ignore that day?"

"It'll be fine," Damon assures, "We're just gonna trade his life for Bonnie's and whoop-de-doo, Bon-Bon's back!"

"Oh god." I scoff.

"From the beginning, Silas' whole bad-guy plan was to kill himself, pass onto wherever he was gonna pass onto, and reunite with his dead girlfriend Amara. I want to use his death to bring Bonnie back to life. To die, he has to be mortal, if he's mortal, then he's a witch, and if he dies as a witch, then he's stuck on the other side forever.

"He already tried to bring down the vail to the other side. He failed." Jeremy mentions.

Jeremy looks to the other couch, and Damon and I share a look, "She knows Gilbert and I can't hear her, right?"

"She thinks Silas wants to destroy the other side completely." Jeremy tells us.

"Back to my original question, let's say Silas destroys the other side, cures himself, becomes a witch. Is it supernaturally possible that he can do a spell that swaps his life for her life once he-pfft-kills himself?"