CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The phone rings loudly, echoing across Maxes room, waking us up

The both of us groggily open our eyes, and I stand up, slowly walking to the phone and answering, "Hello?"

"Ah, you must be Emmie, right?" A unfamiliar voice speaks.

"Wh-who...who is this?" I ask, looking back at Max who was now sat up, staring back at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well, my name is Enzo, and I'm with my dear friend Caroline." The man 'Enzo', says.

"Caroline?" I ask.

"You know her?" He inquires.

"No!" I hear the perky vampire yell in the back, "I don't know her, she doesn't know me."

I was about to speak, but Enzo continues, "Anyways, love, I'm going to meet you at your house. Oh, look, I'm already here! Better get here quickly, now. Your aunt looks tasty."

I set down the phone, looking to Max fearfully, "What is it? What's wrong?"

"I-I-I don't know...there's this guy named Enzo, and he knows Caroline somehow. He wants to meet me at my house, Care and Claudia might be in trouble." I explain.

"I'm coming with." She states, quickly getting out of bed.

"No you're not. I got this, Max," I push her lightly back onto the bed, slipping on my shoes, "Stay out of it, okay?"

She only stares back, watching as I exit her room.

Little did I know she wouldn't listen at all, and as soon as I left she had called for backup.

|

I run through the door, expecting to see something horrifying, but it was only my aunt in the kitchen frying pancakes as Caroline sat on the couch and a man stood by the counter.

His head snaps to me, and he vamp speeds in front of me, looking me up and down, "So gorgeous, what a shame. Guess we'll have to get this over with quickly."

Before I could utter a word, I'm picked up by my neck.

My aunt was completely oblivious, so I assumed she had been compelled. But Caroline on the other hand had snapped the mans neck in an instant, his hand releasing my throat.

"We don't have a lot of time, we need to get out of here quickly." Caroline breathes out, whipping a piece of hair out of her face. She compels my aunt, and Claudia picks up her cat, going on a nice stroll into the city like Caroline had told her to do.

We then rush out of the house, as she tries to explain what was happening. A woman named Sloan and her 'travelers' are trying to kill the rest of the doppelgängers, leaving only Stefan and Elena left so they could access their blood. Bonnie was back, and the anchor to the other side and the real world, meaning when a supernatural creature died, they had to pass through her, but that didn't matter to her, it only mattered that she was alive.

"What are we gonna do, Caroline? I mean, they're gonna kill me, no matter what it takes." I cry out.

"You are gonna be fine, all right? We just need to talk to Bonnie, she'll know exactly what to do." Caroline nods hopefully.

Out of nowhere, Mike, Max, Dustin, and Lucas appear, Lucas' wrist rocket was in his hand, equipped with a sharp chunk of wood, and Max and Dustin were armed with wooden stakes. Mike had a tree branch, and he was holding it like a baseball bat.

"We're here to help." Dustin smiles.

Caroline's eyes widen, and she looks at me, before looking back at them, laughing, "You guys are adorable! But there is no chance in hell."

"What?" Mike scoffs, "We wanna help, so let us help."

"No." I deny.

"Yes." Dustin argues.

"Four against two." Lucas points out.

"Two supernatural creatures against four humans." I cross my arms.

"Okay, Emmie, doppelgängers literally do nothing. So, technically one supernatural creature-"

"Two," The man who I assume to be Enzo says from behind me, grabbing my neck and putting me in a choke hold, "Sorry your life had to end this way, but its for the greater good."

Before anything else could happen, a chunk of wood flys into the man's shoulder, and he lets out a grunt of pain. Lucas dusts his hands off.

"Okay, small children, let's go," Caroline ushers, pushing all of us as I rub my neck, "I don't want him to hurt you, so you little dicks have to go."

We all run away, Caroline leading us to where she had parked her car which was awhile away, but we soon arrived.

I start to load the kids in when someone shouts, "Woah, woah, woah!"

I look up, huffing out an annoyed breath at Steve who scurried out of the arcade, Robin on his tail, "Um, why are you loading little children into this woman's car?"

"Emmie lets go!" Caroline shouts, grabbing my attention.

"No time to explain, we need to get the hell out of dodge." I run around to the other side of the car, opening the door.

"No, no, no. I can already tell this has something to do with you risking your life. I'm coming." Steve whips open the back door, climbing in.

"Yeah, I'm joining too." Robin nods, squishing in the back with everyone else.

"Sure!" Care exclaims sarcastically, driving off, "Let's have a whole damn party!"

|

Caroline dropped us all off at Whitmore, saying she didn't want to leave Stefan by himself, as he was still in possession of the travelers.

I found Bonnie in her, Elena, and Care's dorm, and immediately I embrace her in a hug, shedding a few tears.

"You miss me?" She laughs, choking back tears.

"You're Bonnie?" Robin asks, looking my best friend up and down.

"I think I just puked." Steve mutters, looking around the room.

"I need your help." I sigh, sitting next to her on her bed.

"What is it?" She asks, "Whatever it is, we'll figure it out."

I chuckle at her positive attitude, "The travelers want me dead by tonight, and I'm not sure what to do."

Bonnie licks her lips, glancing down at her lap before looking back up to me, "There's only one thing we really can do."

"And what is that?" Max asks, already sprawled across Elena's bed.

"Emmie needs to die."

A/N: this chapter is also a mess haha