CHAPTER SEVEN

I wake up late, turning on my side to empty sheets

I wake up late, turning on my side to empty sheets. I tap the empty mattress, opening my eyes and looking around in confusion.

I sit up, seeing a white paper with a scribbled note on it.

Em,
I went with your brother to Matt's house, said something was up. I'll be home later and we can hang

xoxo Steve

I shake my head at 'xoxo', tossing the paper onto the nightstand and getting up.

I change into high waisted jeans and a black t-shirt. I finish getting everything else done and paste chapstick onto my lips, slipping on my shoes and trudging down the stairs.

Nobody was home, so I decided I was gonna go out to the grill. I wanted to let Steve have more time with my brother and Matt. I want him to be friends with my friends, so he's not stuck with me all the time. I'm not saying I want him to become apart of my world, because that was to dangerous, and I don't want Steve getting hurt. I just want him to feel like he has 'the buds' to hang with when he gets sick of me.

I enter the grill, seeing Stefan-or Silas?-sitting at the bar.

I cautiously sit down next to him, asking the bartender for a bourbon.

"Elena, I thought you were ove-" Stefan starts in confusion.

"I'm not Lena," I correct, "I'm Emmie...Stef, is it really you?"

Stefan grins, "Yeah, it's me."

I pull Stefan into a hug, and when I try to pull away he keeps ahold of me a little longer before letting go.

"You're human?" Stefan questions.

"Uh, yeah," I chuckle, "You missed a lot while you were gone. I'm human now, and Billy, my boyfriend, he's-he's...dead."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Stefan frowns.

After awhile of chatting with Stefan, I excuse myself to the bathroom.

I quickly do my business before washing my hands. I look up, fixing my hair a bit. That's when Stefan appears behind me.

"Don't scream." He orders, his eyes dilating, "Don't move."

His compulsion doesn't work, since I had doused Billy's necklace in vervain.

"What? Stefan?" I back up into the sink, afraid about what Stefan was going to do.

"Well, so much for that trick," Stefan grumbles, "I don't want to hurt you. You seem really nice."

"Seem?" I ask, "Stefan, are you feeling okay? It's me...Emmie. Elena's sister? That doppelgänger girl?"

"Doesn't ring a bell," Stefan shrugs as he stalks closer, leaning over me, "And, it's not like I want to rip your head off, but I keep being told that if I have one taste I won't be able to stop..."

I let out a whimper, pushing back into the sink so far that I was not sat on top of it, "Stefan...please. No! Please! Stefan!"

He tilts my head up, using his other to cover my mouth, muffling my cries, "And although the thought of killing you scares the hell out of me, this feeling of hunger that I have inside of me is just so much more powerful."

I scream, thrashing around in his grip as his fangs come out, and his veins crackle. His head leans towards my neck but he gets pulled away and shoved into a shelf.

Elena comes in moments after, pulling me into her side. I tremble in her embrace and she pulls me away from the two brothers, and out of the grill, "Are you alright? Did he hurt you? Do I have to feed him vervain or something? Anything?"

"I'm fine, Lena," I smile softly, "Not a scratch. But, you probably should have told me that Stefan the ripper doesn't remember anyone before I started hanging with him again."

"Good point," Elena chuckles, "I have to keep up with the two, but I'll catch you later and we can have a sister movie night like when we were in middle school."

"Sounds great," I wave to Elena as she goes back to the grill, "I love you!"

"I love you too, Em." She shouts.

As soon as she is out of sight, I let out a deep sigh. It's to dangerous for me and Steve to stay here, I almost got my throat ripped out.

I walk the rest of the way to the boarding house, kicking off my shoes and lounging down onto the couch.

|

"If I can get in contact with Bonnie, we can have her do a spell that will help us find the witch we need to get Billy. And maybe Bon knows of some extra little facts-" I whisper to myself as I walk down the stairs, but stop when I hear Jeremy speaking to Damon.

"Bonnie's dead."

I drop the papers that were in my hand, pausing my steps as I stare at Damon and Jeremy who stood in the living room.

"Damn it, Jeremy!" Damon curses.

"Bonnie's...what? No, no, no. Jer, there has to be a mistake. She's not dead. She-she's traveling. Right, Damon? Right? Traveling? She's traveling. Sh...she's just...traveling." I ramble, still frozen in my place.

"Emmie..." Damon sighs.

I shake my head, rushing up the steps as I hold my stomach. Bonnie's not dead. She's can't be. I feel my head, checking if I had a fever. It was normal.

I take deep breaths as I pace around the room, holding my head. I'm dreaming. It's a dream. Wake up Emmie. WAKE UP!

A loud knock comes from the door and I jump, "Yeah?"

"Em, it's Damon." Damon's muffled voice comes from the other side.

"Go away, please." I demand, but the door opens anyways.

"Talk to me." Damon says, leading me on the bed where both of us sat.

"What do you want me to talk about, Damon?" I snap, "Bonnie, my bestfriend, is dead. And on top of that, she was the key to getting Billy back. And now she's gone. Bonnie fuckin' Bennett is gone, Damon. Do you understand that? Elena's bestfriend. Does that help you understand how bad this is, huh? I mean, Elena's the only one you really care about. Elena this, Elena that. There's more people who need you other then Elena. She's a big girl, she can take care of herself. No one cares for me anymore, it's all about Elena-"

"Hey, don't bring your sister into this. She's done nothing wrong. Right now you should be worried about Bonnie, okay? Now toughen up, Gilbert. I know how strong you are, and I know you need time to grieve. So, I'll give you the time you need." Damon kisses the top of my head, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm really sorry," I sniffle, "I'm just angry, you know? This isn't fair. Life isn't fair. Sorry I had to take it out on you."

"Hey, no. I'll always be here for you, alright? If you need someone to scream at and call names, I'm the one you call," Damon rubs my arm, pulling back, "And about your boyfriend, I know it's not your fault. And I know it's not fair. We'll all help you get him back, but it's gonna have to wait 'till after everyone knows about Bonnie. I'm sure everybody will be happy to help good 'ol Emmie Gilbert."

A/N:
Sorry for such a late post! I've been very very busy lately but I'm trying real hard to get some writing in so I can post for you guys. Hope you have a great day:)