CHAPTER TEN

I grab my last bag and Steve and I shuffle down the stairs to see Silas had just arrived

He lifts his hands, and the curtains fly open, sunlight pouring into the room.

"Ah. You know I'm only a few hours into my old life as a witch, but somehow, the sun feels warmer," He walks up to the window, "Probably because i'm not cursed with having to outlive it anymore."

"Silas, remember that time you kidnapped me? Maybe you can redeem yourself by helping me with my bags." I shrug, tossing my duffel bag at him.

He catches it, grinning, "You know what I really missed about being a witch?" He jerks his wrist to the side, and my bra unclasps.

My mouth drops open and I catch it before it could fall off, scowling.

Elena quickly gets up, shaking her head and helping me while Damon asks, "What's with the home invasion, Silas?"

"Well, Damon, after 2,000 years of a miserable existence, I finally get to die." He smiles.

I heavily sigh, turning around and ushering Steve out the door as Silas slowly trails behind with my bag.

"Thank you," I say sarcastically as Silas throws my bag into the trunk, "Hope you have a good time...dying."

"Oh, I will." He nods, waving his fingers as he strolls back into the boarding house.

I hop into the passengers seat as Steve starts the car, heading to the store for our first pit stop.

|

It was very early in the morning when we had arrived, and Steve and I had grabbed our things for the hotel. Quickly checking in, we slowly ascend up the elevator, and to our one-bed hotel room.

|

I wake up to Steve's arm wrapped around me, snores coming from his mouth.

I groggily stretch out my limbs, rubbing my eyes. As I try to move Steve's arm off of me, he lifts his head off the pillow, yawning, "Good morning."

"Good morning, Steve." I greet, getting off of the bed.

Immediately I go into the bathroom and get ready for the day. I strip my clothes, stepping into the hot shower.

I could hear the door creak open, then the sink water starts to run, "I'm gonna make some coffee, want any?"

"I'm fine." I answer, rinsing out my hair.

"Okay, hurry up, I need to get in there, slow poke." Steve chuckles.

I roll my eyes, ignoring him as I continue cleansing.

When I was finished in the shower, I wrap the towel around my body, walking out of the bathroom. As I order Steve to turn away from me so I could change, I begin to explain what was happening, "Steve, I know you're probably gonna want something to eat, so we can stop by one of the restaurants, then we're gonna try to find those witches we talked about."

"Harvest Witches." Steve clarifies as I slip on my sneakers.

"Yeah. Harvest Witches." I spin Billy's necklace in my fingers as we walk out the door.

We decided against going in Steve's car, walking the side walks of New Orleans.

"All these places are so pretty." Steve comments, looking at all the buildings.

"Very," I agree, looking at the shops and music being played out on the streets. While admiring the city, I accidentally bump into a strong chest, "Shit, I'm sorry," I look up, seeing a smirking hybrid looking down at me, "Never mind, no I'm not."

"Ah, what a lovely surprise," Klaus looks up to Steve, "What are you doing in New Orleans, Gilbert?"

"I could ask you the same question." I retort.

"Niklaus, who in the world are you-" The noble Mikaelson dressed in a tux walks out from a store, "Emmie?"

"Looks like our Mystic Falls friend has found her way to our city, brother." Klaus looks me up and down, and I scowl.

"Uh, hey, I'm still here," Steve gives an awkward wave, "Who the hell are these people?"

"You needn't worry who we are," Klaus smirks, as always, "Emmie, how about you come back to mine? Rebekah is there, I'm sure she'll be glad to see you and your little friend."

Elijah strolls his way down the steps of the store, fixing his sleeve cuffs, "Well, I presume you have a reason for being in New Orleans."

Klaus rolls his eyes, "Hush, Elijah. We have business to attend. We can talk afterwards."

Klaus gives us the address to his mansion he was staying at, before the two brothers speed off, leaving Steve wide-eyed by my side.

"Let's go, Steve." I jut my head to the side, and we start our walk to the Mikaleson's.

|

I knock on the large door, before barging right in.

Immediately a blonde vampire speeds in front of me. She glares, "Emmie Gilbert. You shouldn't just barge into people's homes. I was about to snap your neck like a..." Rebekah's eyes trail behind me, "Who's your friend?"

"Steve Harrington." He holds his hand out, and Rebekah shakes it, looking into his eyes the whole time.

"Rebekah?" A feminine voice calls, "Who was at the door?" A brunette rounds the corner, looking curiously over to us, "Elena? What the hell-"

"Emmie," I correct with a sigh, "I'm Elena's sister, Emmie."

"The better twin, might I add." Rebekah chimes in.

"Oh, I heard of you," The woman nods, "That vampire chick who's boyfriend died from some weird creature."

I wince at her bluntness, putting my fingers on Billy's necklace, "Yeah."

"Wait, you know about the Mind Flayer?" Steve questions.

"The what?" She asks.

"Emmie, what are you doing here?" Rebekah finally asks.

"Klaus told me to wait here until he and Elijah got back," I pass by Rebekah, "This place is nice."

Rebekah rolls her eyes, "Make yourself at home."

|

After awhile the men come back, taking a seat in the parlor, "So, Emmie, what are you doing out in the city?"

"Well, I'm looking for a Witch, a Harvest Witch to be exact. Her names Davina Claire. I was-"

"What do you need with Davina Claire?" Klaus cuts me off.

"Okay, so I'm guessing you know her." I assume.

"Yes. Niklaus wants to use this witch for his al-mighty army." Elijah explains.

"Ah," I nod in understanding, "Steve here helped me do my research, and we found out that there was some witch ritual, but it got ambushed by vampires, leaving one witch with the power of four."

Klaus raises his eyebrows, "You're looking to find her so you can bring your lover back?"

"Yeah," I lick my lips, "I heard she hasn't been seen since the sacrifice, but now that you guys are here and this is 'your city', maybe you could help me out."

Elijah chuckles, "Let's see what we can do."