Prolouge

Oliver's POV

          My heart raced as I sat down at my desk. In my room. It was a normal compute desk except it had a Apple laptop. My father being rich and all had it's perks. But that was besides the point. I'm writing a letter to my best friend. Naomi. I'd been in love with her since I met her freshman year. We're about to graduate and she still doesn't know what she's going to do after graduation. So I was preparing to write her a love letter.

      Which would consist of my love for her. I know it's not exactly modern. But I don't know. I'm too nervous to tell her in person. Or over text message. Plus she had a this guy who had the mental capacity of a cactus. Okay... so maybe my jealousy is what's causing me to think he's that stupid. But she deserves better. Someone who'll take the time and love her. And he's an idiot because he doesn't treat her like the queen she is.

      I let out a string of curse words in Spanish. Fuck it let's do it. This is a big risk. A big one. I hope she doesn't hate me. Here goes nothing.

          Dear, Naomi

       No.

        Dear, Nani

        Nope.

        Dear mija

        Close.

         Dear mi amor,

     That works.

         Dear mi amor,

                 There's something you should know, that I've been hiding from you for a while. And I know it's probably too late but I'm going to tell you anyway. It's a lot easier to tell you in this letter than in person. I know what you're thinking. Yes. Yes I am a pussy. But I am what I eat.

      Probably be best if I didn't put that last part. Or... I'll leave it. I snickered to myself.

       I figured you'd laugh at that. And I love your laugh. Your lips. And even though I've never kissed you I just imagined all the things I could to your mouth.

          Okay so that might be too far. So I erased the last part.

           I've never kissed you but I've imagined how soft they were. What your tongue and skin tasted like.

        Slow down before you get a ticket you pervert. I think I'm gonna call Jada to help me. Because clearly I can't just write a letter without putting the things I want to do to her in it. It isn't appropriate especially if she doesn't feel the same way. She'll be disgusted or at least uncomfortable.

        I call Jada.

            "What's up Jay!" I say immediately.

         "What bitch?" Jada speaks to me. I chuckle.

            "I'll buy you food if you drop the attitude." I offer.

            "Depends on what else I have to do. Bitch." She says.

             "Help me write this letter." I say. I was trying to not give too much away.

             "For Naomi and how much you love her?" Jada asks. And if I was drinking something I would've chocked. But I wasn't. So I chocked on my spit. Coughing with extra emphasis.

           "What?" I asked trying to sound confused, "No. what made you say that?"

          "Bitch." She says.