Chapter 1

Kai's POV

I'm sick of my over bearing parents.

They have been nonstop watching my grades and who I date, making sure I'm not dating any boys. With male mates becoming more popular in the werewolf world, my parents are worried I'm going to turn out gay.

As if.

I'm fifteen and a half, and I've made the decision to move to a neighboring pack, the Dusk Valley Pack. One of my friends moved there so at least I'll know someone.

I'll miss the Mystic Shadow pack, but the one thing I won't miss is Lukas.

Lukas Reed, the douche who runs the school. He keeps to himself, even though he is insanely popular. When I was little, I was jealous of his popularity. So I tried to bully him.

That didn't end well.

I only five and ended up with my first broken nose. Lukas packs quite the punch.

I wanted to get away from all this, start over. My parents agreed to letting me move on one condition; that I move back when I turn eighteen.

They will still let me live with them while I'm in high school so I don't have to worry about housing or bills.

The only reason they are letting me leave is because they are close friends with my friend's family. If they weren't, this move wouldn't be happening.

My best friend, Isaac, is letting me move into his house that his family shares. They don't live in the pack house because there was no room when they arrived.

I'm finally moving in, carrying my one suitcase that I brought. I don't need much, just a few clothes and necessities.

I walk to the house and see Isaac and his family waiting outside it. "What's up, Kai? Long time no see!" Isaac yells as I approach.

Setting down my suitcase, I pull him into a hug, missing his company. "I hate to admit it, but I missed you Isaac," I say with a mock disgusted look.

Isaac and his family laughs, and usher me inside. They show me my room and where everything is. We have a 'family' dinner, me now apart of their family.

I'm ready for my new life.

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for clicking on my book, I really appreciate it. Sorry this is so short, it's just the introduction. Longer chapters are coming! Hope you enjoy my book!