Chapter 27

Kai's POV

I wake up to smirking face, one I would least expect to see. My dad.

Still in my wolf form, I scramble back, the silver chain choking me. Coughing, I glare at my dad.

He just smirks again, smiling at me evilly. He paces the room I'm in. "The rogues promised me I could have my time to torture you if I helped them. I explained how the safe room worked and that you would go there first. Now, I get to have my fun."

Whipping out a silver blade from his pocket, I shrink back in fear. Questioning where my mom is, I close my eyes and pretend I'm in Lukas' arms.

As if sensing my silent question, my dad says while walking towards me, "I got rid of that bitch you call mom the minute we left. I left her abandoned, after hurting her for showing sympathy towards you. Pathetic."

My heart aches at what he confessed, me still caring for my mom. She loved and supported me when I came out to her and even waved goodbye when leaving me forever. Now, I will never see her again.

Seeing my sadness, my dad smiles sweetly, asking, "Aw... Did you still care for her? What a pity. I don't care." He then moves his arm quickly, slicing into my back through my fur. Letting out a yelp, I pull away as far as I can.

Blood is running through my coat, staining me red. I can hear the drip of each drop, falling onto the cold cement floor. My dad adds to the drops by cutting into my shoulder, dragging the knife slowly through my skin.

Not being able to handle the pain, I let out a loud howl, praying to the Moon Goddess that someone hears me. The pain continues, seeming to never end.

My dad laughs like a maniac, enjoying my pain too much. Slice after slice, I can feel myself weaken, no longer able to keep my eyes open.

The pain continues until he stops the torture. I wonder distantly why he stopped, but I'm surprised to hear the door open. There's a loud growl, more menacing than anything I've ever heard before.

Still unable to open my eyes, I can feel my mate close by. My body hums with power, the feeling of my mate so close bringing new life into my battered body. Finally, my eyes are strong enough to open.

As my eyes open, I witness Lukas tearing apart my dad. Lukas being shifted, he shakes his head rapidly with my dad's head in his mouth. After a short time, my dad's head is dislodged from his body.

Lukas was already covered in blood, meaning the rogue and hunter leaders must be dead. He runs up to me as I shift back, finally feeling comfortable enough to do so. Lukas also shifts back, holding me in his arms. Blood is still streaming down my body but being near my mate rejuvenates me.

"I finally found you, loser," Lukas says endearingly, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm glad you did. I missed you," I admit. The most painful part was being separated from Lukas. He picks me up, careful to be gentle with my injuries. Holding me while I'm in a ball, Lukas walks out of the building I was being held in.

On the way home, I fall asleep to the lulling movement of each step Lukas takes. I can fall asleep comfortingly, being in my mate's arms.