Chapter 8

Kai's POV

The rest of the day, I only have two more classes with Lukas.

We don't talk again, just sending each other glances every once and a while. I understand he wants to move slowly, but it's so difficult. I want to be near him all the time. Usually by now, mates have already moved in with each other, and my mate and I are barely talking.

As Lukas and I walk out of the last class of the day, I ramble, "Do you maybe want to go out? We can go tomorrow if you'd like... Or anytime works for me."

Lukas smirks at me, asking, "Are you nervous?"

"Yes, of course I'm nervous! I'm asking the guy I like out on a date," I practically yell, drawing attention from those surrounding us.

"Guy you like? So you like me... hmm," is all Lukas says before walking away and into his black truck.

I groan, frustrated at what he just did. Of course I like him, he's my mate after all. He made me admit that before leaving me out to dry.

Making my way home, I arrive quickly, the house not being far from school. Surprisingly I see my dad's car in the driveway. I walk into the house, yelling, "I'm home," dragging out the 'e.'

Tossing my keys onto the side table by the door, I continue on into the house.

I hear my dad say gruffly, "Kai, come to the kitchen."

Slowly walking that way, I wonder who put a stick up his butt. Why does he sound so irritated?

I walk in and notice my mom has a tense look on her face, and my dad seems angry.

"What's wrong?" I ask, confused. Did she tell him about Lukas being my mate?

"I've heard a rumor. I've heard that the Alpha found his mate... and it's you." My dad crosses his arms across his chest, looking very intimidating.

"Look, I can explain," I start off, "He's my mate, but I've never been interested in guys before him. The Moon Goddess chose him for me, and I care about him."

My dad has a blank look on his face, before he calmly says, "Get out."

"What?" I ask dumbly.

He repeats himself, "I said, 'get out.'"

I look at him, disbelief written on my face. This was my biggest fear, and it's coming true. "You can't do this! I'm your son, doesn't that mean anything to you?"

He scoffs, spitting angrily, "You stopped being my son the moment you turned out to be a fag. Leave, now."

Tears in my eyes, I send my mom a look, begging for her to stop him. She doesn't do anything, just watches as my dad pushes me to the ground. He yells, power in his voice, "Leave."

I get up, the tears finally streaming down my face. How could he do this to me?

I walk out of the house, having nothing else but the clothes on my back.

I start walking, in the one direction I can think of. To the pack house. To Lukas.