Chapter 12

Lukas' POV

The day after Kai came to me crying, I make my way to his house. I let Kai sleep in my bed, I slept on the couch. There wasn't a prepared room made for him and we're mates, we'll eventually be living together anyways.

I'd always make sure my mate is comfortable over me. I'd never have a luxury that my mate didn't have.

Driving in my black truck, I think about yesterday. I wanted to kill Mark for hurting Kai, for blatantly disrespecting me and his Luna.

I made the decision to accept Kai as my mate, finally. I realized that he needs me, and I need him. We are going to give this a try, hopefully it works out.

I'm alone, going to collect Kai's clothes by myself. I don't need any help, surely he doesn't have that many clothes.

Once I arrive to his house, about a ten minute drive, I walk up to the front door and knock. Hearing footsteps, I get prepared to face the people who ruined my mate's life.

The door opens and I see Mark, Kai's dad. He scowls at me, but seemingly knows what I'm here for. He steps aside, letting me into the house. I follow my mates stale scent to where it is strongest, knowing it will lead to his room.

Finding a duffel bag in his closet, I start packing up his things. He has more clothes than I thought he would, I'm surprised. Sure, he likes to dress nicely, but I didn't expect him to have so many different outfits.

Once I fill the duffel bag to its limit, I grab it and head towards the stairs. Mark is waiting at the bottom of them, staring up at me with a glare.

I warn him while walking down, "You make one wrong move and you are out of this pack. I will not tolerate any more disrespect."

Reaching the bottom, I lean in close and whisper, "If you hurt my mate again, there will be hell to pay."

Seemingly scared, Mark nods his head quickly. I turn to walk towards the door, seeing Kai's mom standing by it.

She asks hesitantly, "Is Kai okay?"

I respond angrily, "Why should you care? You stood there while he got kicked out. You are just as much at fault as Mark is."

Turning to walk out the door, I stomp to my truck, get in, and then slam the door.

Time to get back home to my mate.