Chapter 20

Kai's POV

Lukas and I are going out to dinner tonight. He's been stressed about Alpha work and my online school has been distracting me, so we decided a date night would benefit us both.

We head to the best diner in town, the 'Mystic Shadow Diner.' Yes, the name of the diner is the name of our pack, but it's the best so it's okay.

We arrive after a quick drive in Lukas' black truck. Lukas only agreed to this date if some warriors came along with us, so they drove behind us.

Walking into the busy diner, we sit at a small booth and wait for someone to take our order.

I order a barbecue sandwich and so does Lukas, agreeing to try it one time to see if it's as amazing as I say it is.

We are halfway through our meal when I catch a familiar scent that I never wanted to smell again. My dad and mom are here.

I see them walk in, and immediately seeing me tense, Lukas looks where I'm looking. He notices them and whispers to me, "Just ignore them. They aren't your parents anymore."

I nod and go back to eating. Trying not to look their way, I chat with Lukas about how online school is going.

However, I can't keep up the distraction when I smell their scent coming closer. I hear my mom say to my dad, "Let's just leave them alone."

My dad won't let that stand and walks up to our booth. All the warriors who are eating around us don't see a problem with my father talking to us, so they aren't any help.

Lukas spits at my father, "What do you want?"

My dad just smirks and looks to me. "How does it feel to have turned our great Alpha into a fag like his parents? Finally, I was happy with who our Alpha was but then you had to ruin it."

The warriors stand up quickly, now seeing my father as a threat. Lukas also stands up, and gets into my dad's face, fear flashing in his eyes. "You must have forgotten my first warning. One more wrongdoing and you are kicked out of this pack."

Lukas motions for the guards to get a hold of my father. He says spitefully, "I don't want to be in this pack anyway, with fags running around."

Lukas rolls his eyes, probably sick of the name-calling. "Take him back to the house and put him in the pack prison. Guard him until I get there, I will take care of him."

With multiple people saying, "Yes, Alpha," some guards leave with my dad. Some still stay with us, not leaving us open to attack from hunters.

Most of the people in the diner are pack members, so they understood what just happened. The humans probably thought there was a fight or something.

Lukas sighs and sits down, picking up his sandwich and asks, "Where were we?"

I don't respond, just look down at my half-eaten food. Lukas questions, "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine... But what are you going to do to my dad?" Concerned he's going to kill him like he's said in the past, I question him rightfully.

"I'm going to kick him out. Your mother can choose to go with him or not." I nod, understanding.

I whisper quietly, "Thank you. I don't like him but I don't want him to die."

Lukas nods and says, "I understand. I could never hurt my own parents so I don't want to hurt yours."

Not eating anymore, I watch as Lukas finishes his meal. He stands up after paying and grabs my hand. He drags me out to the car, saying while smirking, "Get in loser, we're going shopping."

I gasp, feeling my eyes widen. "Did you just make a 'Mean Girls' reference?"

"Yes, it's perfect because your nickname is 'loser.' Might as well go shopping to get your mind off things." Lukas hops into the truck and drives to the nearest mall.

We eat cinnamon sugar pretzels and laugh about stupid things we've done as we spend loads of money.

This is the best way to cheer me up.