Chapter 3

Kai's POV

I smell Lukas' scent, a wave of pleasure wishing over me at the smell. He smells delicious.

Walking over to the direction I smell him in, I approach slowly and cautiously, not wanting him to run. We need to talk this out, we need to figure out this mate thing.

Seeing his wolf form, I gawk in awe. He is a dark brown with streaks of black all throughout his fur, his eyes a stunning yellow.

Our eyes lock again, and we just stare. Staring at each other, nobody makes a move.

I'm the first one to shift back, wanting to apologize for how I acted when I was younger. I realize I'm naked in front of my mate, but Lukas' eyes don't look down from mine.

"Lukas, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bully you, I was just jealous of you. Please forgive me so we can make this work," I plead, begging for forgiveness.

Lukas shifts back, used to being naked in front of pack members as the Alpha. "I hate you. You made me not trust anyone. We used to be best friends. And then you turned on me. I don't trust easily, and you broke it. You ruined all chances you had to be my friend."

"We're past that now. You punched me in the face and now we are even. I'm sorry I broke your trust and I hope one day you can forgive me. It doesn't have to be today, but I want this to work between us." I keep my eyes up, staring into his hazel ones.

When Lukas goes to speak I listen to every word, "For now we can be civil around each other, but you have to gain my trust back. I don't know if you can. Good luck." And with that, he shifts and goes in the direction of the pack house.

I watch as his brown and black wolf runs, his muscles rippling with every step. His wolf is truly magnificent.

I shift back too, and go back to the tree line where I left my book bag and clothes.

After getting dressed, I walk into school. Everyone stares at me, word probably getting around that Lukas and I had an interaction this morning.

Don't kids have anything better to worry about?

It's second period, so I go to class and try to get my head off that one boy who already has my heart.

I just have to show him.