Chapter 14

Kai's POV

"Bowling? You really took me bowling?" Lukas asks as we pull into the parking lot.

"Yes, I did. I think this could be a lot of fun and a good bonding experience," I inform, not liking how he is discrediting my idea. Bowling is a fun first date, right?

Lukas rolls his eyes, seemingly not excited. "Whatever you say, Kai."

It's my turn to roll my eyes. I wish he had a better attitude about this, it'd make this a lot easier.

We walk into the bowling alley and go to the front desk. Asking for our sizes, I realize that Lukas has massive feet. You know what that means.

After getting our bowling shoes, we go to the lane and prepare ourselves for the game of our life.

"Prepare to lose, loser," Lukas says smugly. "I'm fairly good at this game if I do say so myself."

I scoff, saying, "You won't be able to beat me. I'm unbeatable," faking confidence. I actually suck at bowling but I won't let him know that.

Seeing my boldness, he looks kind of taken aback. I smirk at his unsure look, him probably wondering if he will win this or not.

I'm up to bowl first, and I only knock down two pins. Lukas laughs it up, mocking me, "Mister 'I'm unbeatable,' only knocks down two pins. Unbelievable."

I turn to look at him with an angry expression, "I'm just warming up."

"Whatever you say, loser," Lukas says with a grin at my new nickname. "Loser... hmm... it fits you well."

Bowling again, I roll the ball into the gutter. Lukas bursts out cackling like a maniac, enjoying my embarrassment.

It's Lukas' turn, and he gets a strike. This is so not fair.

After all the rounds, the turns went about the same, Lukas winning by too many points.

"Hey! You probably rigged the game somehow. I wouldn't put it past you," I say defeatedly, knowing I really lost.

"Is my little loser sad that he lost?" Lukas asks with a fake sad face. He puts his finger under his eye and drags down, faking a tear.

Rolling my eyes at his antics, I smile when I realize that he called me his 'little loser.' Maybe he's finally accepting our bond.

We get into the truck, me driving. I take us to the local ice cream parlor, the place with the best ice cream in town.

Walking into the parlor, a big man is behind the counter of ice cream, serving customers. We get in line, waiting for our turn.

Lukas continues to mock me for how terrible I played, not letting me live it down. Just trying to ignore him, I don't realize when we are called up to order. Lukas drags me by the hand to the front of the line, me gasping at the feeling of shocks running through our connected limbs.

Continuing to hold my hand, we place our orders. Lukas gets chocolate and I get strawberry.

We find a booth near a window, and sit down across from each other.

Lukas has to make a comment about my flavor choice, "Of course, you chose strawberry. Nobody likes strawberry but you."

"They wouldn't sell it if people didn't like it," I spit back, taking a spoonful of strawberry ice cream and sticking it in my mouth.

I lick the spoon slowly, getting all the ice cream off. I notice Lukas staring at my lips, so I look at him questioningly.

Shaking his head, he quickly starts eating his chocolate ice cream.

Suddenly, Lukas pauses mid spoonful. I look at him, confused. His eyes glaze over, seeming to be mind linking someone.

Lukas eyes refocus, and he looks at me with anxiousness showing on his face. The next thing he says shocks me to my core.

"Rogues and hunters are attacking."