Chapter 13

Kai's POV

Lukas came back with my clothes, me wondering what happened. I ask him, "How did it go? Did they give you any trouble?"

He just shrugs, and nonchalantly says, "They didn't cause much trouble but I roughed them up a bit."

My mouth opens in shock, questioning if he's serious or not. Lukas doesn't seem like the type to joke around.

"Are you serious?" I exclaim loudly. Luckily we are on the Alpha's floor all alone so no one else could hear me.

"No. I'm kidding. I just warned them to back off and act nice," he corrects, a slight smirk appearing on his face. "You really think I would beat up your parents?"

"You said you did, of course I would believe you," I mutter, embarrassed that I couldn't tell he was joking. "To be fair, you acted completely serious when you said you 'roughed them up a bit.'"

Lukas let's put a chuckle, a rare occurrence, and says with a smile, "Yea, you may be right, but I got you good."

I laugh with him, enjoying his company. We finally aren't fighting or having tense conversations. I might even be getting comfortable with him!

Lukas randomly asks, "You ready to go?"

I look at him in confusion, like he has five heads. "What do you mean? Ready to go where?"

Lukas gives me another adorable smirk, "You promised me a date and I'm going to hold you to that."

I gasp, completely forgetting that I asked him out yesterday. It was only a day ago, but it seems like it's been forever.

"Fine. Just let me get dressed and I'll take you on a date. Just so you know, I'm broke. You might have to pay for it," I inform, remembering I have no money, or anything to offer him except my company.

"That's fine with me, I was planning on paying anyways. I'm a gentleman," he says smugly, his head tilting upwards in a snobby manner.

I just chuckle at his antics and go to the closet to change. I put on a white short sleeve button down, with black jeans to go with. Wearing my black Vans, I walk out of the closet to see Lukas.

Lukas has his head in the air, him whistling impatiently, tapping his foot repeatedly. I roll my eyes, and say a frustrated, "Come on."

He laughs at my frustration, happy he has irritated me. Once we get outside to his truck, I say bluntly, "Keys."

"Oh, no. You will not be driving my baby," he says with a look of disbelief.

"You men care too much about your cars, just hand me the keys so the date can be a surprise," I say demandingly, trying to be dominant for at least one second.

Finally relenting, Lukas hands me the keys. I hop into the truck, admiring the beautiful interior. It has dark leather seats, the wheel complementing them perfectly.

I already know where my destination is, so I take off, smiling at Lukas when he cringes at my reckless driving.

This is going to be fun.