Chapter 22

Kai's POV

The weekend has come, and I've found myself missing my parents more than I should have. They hurt me emotionally and physically, I shouldn't miss them this much.

Hating myself for my feelings, I refuse to eat or drink anything. I stay curled up in a ball on the bed, not getting up to use the bathroom or shower.

This is the second day of this, so Lukas is more than concerned. He is worried to the point where he has started to do things I never would expect him to do.

He brings me a glass of water, and says blankly, "Drink."

Not responding, I curl into a smaller ball. This makes Lukas mad, causing him to set the water down on the nightstand with a thud.

"What can I do to get you to get up and take care of yourself?" Lukas asks with tiredness in his voice. He must be exhausted worrying about me.

Lukas thinks for a moment, and then his face lights up. I practically could see the light bulb above his head.

"I'm going to do stupid stuff until you make me stop." He proceeds to get on the bed and jump around, making me bounce like I'm on a trampoline.

I groan, annoyed. Can't he leave me to mope in peace?

After bouncing for a little, he jumps and falls onto his butt, hopping off the bed and smiling down at me, out of breath.

Breathing heavily, he asks, "Who knew jumping on a bed would be so exhausting?"

This gets me to smile a little, and Lukas sees this before I can hide it. He smirks and says, "Progress."

He sticks the water cup in front of my face and says one more time, "Drink." This time, he continues on with a speech, "Please. I can't watch you destroy yourself like this. You are stronger than this, I know you are."

I sit up in bed, looking him in the eyes. I see hope written there, hoping I finally will drink the water. Who am I to crush his hope?

Reaching for the water, I grab it and take a drink. The cold liquid soothes my aching throat, refreshing me.

After drinking it all, I set the cup down, only to be pulled into a tight hug. Lukas nuzzles his face in my shoulder, and whispers, "I'm so happy you're back. I missed you."

I smile a true smile, happy that he's happy. "I missed you too."

Lukas pulls away and wipes his eyes. Was he crying?

Smiling at me, he grabs my hand and leads me to the bathroom. He says, "I'm not saying you stink, but you need to shower to feel better."

Rolling my eyes at his first statement, I walk into the bathroom and take a shower. It does make me feel better.

The one thing that made me feel the best, was Lukas.