VII

november 29th

;

There is nothing more terrifying than hearing a loud crash at 1:00 a.m in the morning. Yoongi sat up in bed with a jolt, scared half to death. He could almost hear the pounding of his heart as he threw back his covers. "What the fuck?" he hissed. Holly had started barking again, and he could feel a headache coming on. Two seconds later, he heard another bang, followed by the sound of shattering glass, startling him again "Oh Jesus fuck, not again," Yoongi groaned, slipping from the comfort of his bed.

Ten days.

That's how long this had been going on. Yoongi hadn't gotten a decent night's sleep for almost two weeks now, and he'd just about had it.

Grumbling to himself, he pulled on a pair of warm socks, and found a sweater to throw on over top. He stumbled out into the hallway to find his boots, while drowning out the sounds of Holly's barking. With that he was throwing open the door to his apartment and marching out into the cold winter air.

Yoongi was very thankful that he didn't have to be creepy and try to go on a hunt for the culprit apartment. With the way the building was designed, all he had to do was walk to the end of the main unit and up the metal stairs, and then all the way back down again. He was careful not to slip on the ice that coated the steps. It was one in the morning, and he wasn't interested in having to take a trip to the ER tonight too.

Now, Yoongi was normally a very calm person. Yes there were things in life that annoyed the hell out of him, but he was pretty good at keeping his cool or biting his tongue, but this was the last straw. He needed sleep to function and he couldn't do that if someone was going to be making loud noises at ungodly hours of the morning. He marched up to the end unit, shivering. He should have worn a coat, but that was the last thing on his mind. He was furious as he knocked loudly on the door.

When nobody came to the door, Yoongi knocked again, louder this time. He wasn't leaving until he'd confronted the person behind all the loud noises. He stayed quiet when he heard the sound of shuffling feet, and then what seemed to be someone tripping over a piece of furniture.

Yoongi could feel his confidence wavering as the footsteps grew nearer. He suddenly wondered if he lived under a biker or an ex con - someone who was big, scary and would have no problem hiding his body if it came down to it. He was fully prepared to take off if greeted by someone who was taller than him. However, when the door finally opened, Yoongi was greeted with an entirely different sight.

A boy, with the fluffiest blonde hair Yoongi had ever seen was standing in front of him, bundled up in a pastel pink sweater that was pulled up to his chin, and plaid pajama pants. He was staring at him with wide, childlike eyes, and Yoongi could almost see the fear in them. Yoongi suddenly wondered if he had gotten the apartment wrong, but if he recalled, this was the unit above him and unless he was going crazy... His anger dissolved as he peered down at the boy, and confusion swept over him. He couldn't be the reason for all the noise, could he? Yoongi knew that looks could be deceiving but...

"C-Can I help you?" he mumbled, frightened. Yoongi felt guilty at once, and was suddenly overcome with the strong desire to hug this fragile creature in front of him, and apologize profusely for awakening him at such hellish hours of the morning. He didn't want this boy to be frightened of him.

"I w-was...I-are you okay?" Yoongi asked, stumbling over his words. It was late, and he was exhausted, and oh so confused by everything. He was still staring at him - and it was probably really creepy on his part - but this was not how he expected his night to go. He was fully prepared to unleash hell upon his neighbour about his loud antics, but he just couldn't. He couldn't be angry with this...adorable human being that looked absolutely terrified of him. The younger seemed to be taken back by his question, rocking back and forth on his heels nervously. He swallowed the lump in his throat, and again, Yoongi wanted to give him a hug and tell him everything was going to be okay.

"Yes...?" he replied, tilting his head to the side. He had the same look of confusion as Yoongi. Why on earth was this stranger knocking on my door asking if I'm okay. Why indeed Yoongi wondered.

"I-"m sorry, I don't mean to come at you in the middle of the night like this, it's just...I keep hearing loud noises like something breaking, and your place is right above mine. I wanted to make sure you were okay," Yoongi rushed out.

He hadn't come here to ask if he was okay. He was here to yell at him, but Yoongi couldn't. He felt like the world's biggest jerk as he stood awkwardly in front of this pastel pink angel.

The younger nodded once and gave Yoongi a weak smile.

"I think your ears are playing tricks on you," he replied, lifting his sweater up to his chin. Yoongi noted how soft and melodic his voice was. It was soothing, even if he sounded really scared right now.

Yoongi blinked a couple of times. Was he being serious right now? He opened his mouth to respond, but the boy was already talking. "Thanks for caring though, that's really nice of you,"

"W-Wait-"

"I have to go back in," he gave Yoongi a shrug of the shoulders, and in the softest voice mumbled, "It must have been the wind,"

He closed the door and Yoongi was left alone in the night.