XII

june 25th

;

Holly is barking. Yoongi doesn't understand why he's barking, he's normally pretty quiet at night, but he knows that he'd very much like it if he stopped. Jimin is groanin, pulling his pillow up over his head. "Why is he barking?" he questioned, not bothering to look to Yoongi.

"I don't know," Yoongi groaned in response. "Holly! Come on buddy, knock it off," he called out. Both Jimin and Yoongi sighed in relief when Holly's barking died down. "Thank fuck," Yoongi breathed. He really hoped that Holly would stay quiet.

"Maybe he wants outside," Jimin whispered, already half asleep again.

"If he starts up again I'll let him out," He mumbled his response. Yoongi's on the verge of falling back asleep. He draped an arm over his boyfriend, and pulled him close. But no sooner was he ready to drift back off to sleep, Holly's barking picked up again. Jimin let out a whining sound.

"I love him, I really do, but I'm going to kill him," Jimin whispered to Yoongi who was now sitting up in bed.

"He's not normally like this," Yoongi grumbled, pushing his hair back. "I wonder what's got him so freaked out,"

The answer to his question came seconds after he'd asked. There was a heavy pounding on the front door, followed by an angry, "JIMIN!"

Jimin sat up with a start. He whimpered quietly. Yoongi was far more concerned now. Holly didn't want to go outside. He was trying to tell them that something was outside...or in this case, someone. He can sense that Jimin is cowering in fear now, and he's looking up to Yoongi with scared eyes. "Y-Yoongi-"

"I'm not gonna let him hurt you," Yoongi growled. He sounded confident, but internally, he was freaking out. Yoongi knew what he looked like, and Jiseok was definitely stronger than he was. He wouldn't win in a fight, but he was determined to keep Jimin safe from him. "Come here," and he's getting out of bed, one hand clasped around Jimin's hand. Jimin nerves get the best of him as Yoongi brings him out of his bedroom - he's shaking violently now, but his fear is replaced by confusion when Yoongi pulls him into the studio. He's pulling the chair out from the desk and motioning for him to crawl under the desk.

"You're small enough, you can fit," Yoongi tells him. "I'll be right back,"

"Don't leave me," Jimin begs, clinging to his arm. "S-Stay,"

"Trust me," Yoongi whispered, kissing his forehead.

"PARK JIMIN! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!"

"Y-Yoongi,"

"Don't move," Yoongi ordered as he put the chair back in place. Jimin's trying to control his breathing the entire time as Yoongi leaves him alone in the room. It doesn't help. He's crying now and hyperventilating. He can hear Jiseok's angry shouting, but he can't hear what Yoongi is doing. The studio door is shut.

Jiseok's shouting is loud, and every so often he falls silent when his cries aren't answered. It's chilling how silent Yoongi is. Jimin can't hear a sound coming from inside the apartment. Even Holly is quiet. He's shaking from underneath the desk, trying to conceal his whimpers. He's praying Jiseok doesn't break into the apartment - Yoongi is no match for him - but judging by the way his words are slurring together, it sounds as if he's drunk. If there was one thing Jimin knew is that his ability to move around and be aggressive was limited. Maybe if Yoongi could hit him over the head...

He counts the seconds that Yoongi is gone. One...two....fifteen...forty-seven...eighty-two...one hundred...He doesn't know how many minutes have passed, but it feels like forever under that desk. Jimin doesn manage to regulate his breathing, but he's taken to holding it now, so that he can hear any sudden movements.

And then he can hear heavy footsteps, and they're coming straight for the studio. Jimin screams when the door swings open, but Yoongi's soothing voice is ringing out in his ears seconds later. "Shh, baby it's me, it's okay, you're okay,"

Yoongi's pulling the chair away from the desk, and pulling Jimin out from underneath and into his arms. Jimin is crying full force again as he throws himself at the older, crawling into his lap and burying his face in his neck. Yoongi seems unscathed, thank god for that, but Jimin is still worried that Jiseok is going to hurt him. However, just as he's about to ask Yoongi what exactly happened while he was hiding, he can make out the red and blue flashing lights of a police cruiser. They dimly lit up Yoongi's hallway. "Y-You called the cops?" Jimin sniffled.

"Yeah," Yoongi breathed, scooping Jimin up into his arms. "I know that you've done this already, but I promise we'll do things right this time. He's going straight to jail, o-or we'll at least file a proper restraining order against him so he can't ever come near you or me again. No more living in fear," Yoongi's voice sounds shaky, but he means it. He's going to do everything in his power to make sure Jimin stays safe.

"Did he hurt you?" he whispered as Yoongi carried him back into the bedroom.

"No, he never even made it into the apartment," Yoongi replied. He set him down on the mattress. "All I did was call the cops and then hide in the bathroom with a baseball bat," he explained.

"O-Okay,"

"Are you okay?" Yoongi questioned. Jimin nodded. "Good. Do you think you can try and get some sleep? I still have to talk to the cops,"

"Shouldn't I be with you then?" Jimin asked, shifting to stand on his feet. Yoongi's hands were on his shoulders, pushing him back down.

"No, I said that we'd come into the station tomorrow - cause we are filing a restraining order - and I told them they could talk to you then," Yoongi said. "Besides, I don't want to overwhelm you any more than you already are,"

"I don't think I can sleep right now," Jimin admitted, red in the face. He was thankful that it was dark in Yoongi's room so that he didn't have to see the shame on his face. He felt so guilty for putting Yoongi in danger.

"Alright," Yoongi said, kissing his forehead. He rose to his feet. "I won't be long. He can't hurt you anymore-" Yoongi added. Even though it was quite dark in there, he could see the worry in Jimin's eyes.

"Can't I come stand with you?" he whispered.

"I'd rather he didn't see you but...if it'll make you feel better then sure," and he held his hand out for Jimin to take. The younger was quick to scramble to his feet, grabbing Yoongi's hand in his.

"I don't deserve you," Jimin whispered. "I know I don't, but I'm too selfish to let you go now,"

"Hey," Yoongi said in a firm tone. "I love you. You deserve the whole world...me included,"

"I love you more,"

"I love you most,"