LXXXVIII

may 23rd

;

"TAEHYUNG!"

Yoongi doesn't care that he's on a crowded bus, he needs answers.

Taehyung seems startled to hear his name being called out, but when he notices who it is, he smiles gently. "Hey," he said as Yoongi approached him. "How have you been?"

"Not good," Yoongi rushed out and before Taehyung can ask why, he's adding, "Did I do something to hurt Jimin?"

Taehyung's expression morphed into one of confusion.

"Pardon?"

"Jimin, have I done something to upset him o-or..."

"I wouldn't know," Taehyung explained in a soft tone. "He hasn't said anything, why?"

Yoongi is frustrated. That's not the answer he was hoping for.

"The only way I can put it is that he's missing, Taehyung. He's not answering my texts, or my calls - in fact his fucking number is no longer in service, a-and I don't know if it's because I did something o-or something I said. He's not staying in his apartment, I don't know where he is, and I'm worried, Taehyung,"

Yoongi can see something change in Taehyung's eyes. He's frowning now.

"You too, huh?" is the response he gets.

"What?"

"You haven't heard from him either," Taehyung murmured. "Kookie and I have been trying to get a hold of him all week but...we can't reach him. And he hasn't gone into work either - which isn't normal. Jin says he's never missed a shift,"

"Do you have any idea where he might have gone? I don't understand at all why he's just disappeared like this. He said he would see me after work on the fifteenth but he never came home, and now I can't reach him,"

"I don't know Yoongi," and the older can hear the pain and fear in Taehyung's words. He's just as worried as he is.

"This doesn't have anything to do with....Jiseok does it?" Yoongi asked, and he can visibly see Taehyung tense up. So he does know.

"I don't know what you're-"

"Taehyung, I live under Jimin. I can hear them shouting at one another, and things breaking. I can see the bruises on his skin, and the way he limps when he walks. I'm not stupid," Yoongi says in a tone harsher than necessary, but at this point he's so frustrated and angry. "Please, Taehyung, I want Jimin to be safe. I don't want to see him get hurt more than what I've already had to witness and-"

"This really isn't the place to talk about it," Taehyung hissed.

"Then get off at my stop. I'll drive you home if I have to, just please, I need to know,"

Taehyung stares at Yoongi, scanning his eyes for any signs of deceptions, or malintentions. He's already seen his best friend get hurt enough times that he doesn't want Yoongi to be added to the list of men he might need to dispose of. But when he can see the fear in his eyes, he knows that he really cares about Jimin, he gives in.

"Okay," he sighed. "I'll tell you,"

"Jiseok was Jimin's boyfriend," Taehyung begins as Yoongi hands him a cup of coffee. He's currently sitting on Yoongi's couch, feeling nauseous. "They met when we first started high school. Jiseok was a senior - he was graduating that year. Jimin was head over heels for him, and to be honest, Jiseok was very nice. It's very hard to believe that he's abusing Jimin. We could see it though - the changes that happened over the years. He got really possessive, and aggressive with Jimin. He wouldn't let us hang out with him because he thought Jimin was going to end up, and I quote "whoring around" with us. He lost it when he found out Jimin had become friends with Jin. He beat Jimin pretty badly for that. A word of advice - if you see him around, don't confront him. Jin tried and got put in the hospital for three weeks because he confronted him about Jimin's injuries-"

"Why haven't you called the cops on him?"

"We have. Several times. But Jimin's a dancer and he's also a little clumsy, so he's always telling police that he's hurting himself at practice or falling down." Taehyung sighed. "He's a manipulator Yoongi. He can talk his way out of anything."

"What about a restraining order?"

We tried that too but the paperwork got fucked up so it never went into play,"

So that's why he's still around.

"Jimin said that he wasn't his boyfriend anymore - I heard them arguing about it two months ago."

"He's not. Jimin broke up with him, but Jiseok is obsessed with Jimin and won't leave him alone, and Jimin's frail Yoongi. He's putty in Jiseok's hands because of how dominating he can be," Taehyung frowned. "And whenever Jimin stands up for himself, he gets a swift kick in the ass for it that leaves him in pain. It's safer for him to just take whatever the older throws his way, and pray that maybe Jiseok doesn't stay for long this time around."

Hearing this makes Yoongi's blood boil.

"Why can't he leave him alone then. From what I overheard he's already proven that he'd fuck anyone, I don't see why he has to keep bothering Jimin!"

"He knows Jimin will submit. Jiseok doesn't even care about Jimin at this point. He could use him, abuse him, and he knows that if he needs a place to crash for the night or to let off some steam, Jimin won't say anything to him. And if he does try to act tough, Jiseok will "put him in his place," so to speak. It's disgusting. He sees Jimin as a toy or an object rather than a person, Hyung. Jimin's just a plaything to him,"

"There has to be something that we can do right? I mean- he can't keep doing this to him,"

"What is there to do that we haven't already tried? He's easily angered Yoongi. A-And if Jiseok knows you're hanging around with Jimin, he'll do anything to make sure you don't get to have Jimin. When Jimin and I became friends, Jiseok took Jimin on a "road trip" and nobody saw them for a month. That's when his parents tried to get the restraining order on him, but someone screwed up the paperwork. And when that happened, he hurt Jimin again. It's a never ending cycle,"

"Fuck," Yoongi hissed. "So he kidnapped him then. Is that what you're telling me?"

Taehyung sighed. "Yeah, in a sense?"

"In a sense?" Yoongi snapped. "What the fuck does that mean Taehyung?"

"Don't yell at me," Taehyung whined, "This is stressful for me too, and I know you're upset but yelling doesn't help,"

Yoongi ran a hand over his face. "I'm sorry,"

"Apology accepted..and what I meant is that Jiseok can't go off the grid with him forever because he knows that Jimin's parents will worry if he goes missing. I wouldn't be surprised if Jimin shows up actually, in a day or two. If you're saying his phone number is out of survice, his parents are going to know something is up, and call the cops. Jiseok knows better than to keep him for a long period of time. He has to give him back at some point to keep suspicion off of him,"

"Jesus Christ...do you know where he'll go then? I-If he comes back-"

"Jimin will come back, Yoongi. He always does, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jimin came to you,"

"M-Me?"

Taehyung nodded. "Jimin tends to do one of two things: He goes home to his parents, which will usually involve the cops being called on Jiseok, or he goes someplace Jiseok won't check right away - someplace he feels safe. Jiseok always ends up either at Jin's or mine and Jungkook's first because he thinks that Jimin is just fucking with him and that he's going to go someone familiar. But...Jiseok doesn't know you, and he probably doesn't think that you're something special to Jimin...he won't think to check here right away so I wouldn't be surprised if Jimin ends up on your front door step."

"He wouldn't come here," Yoongi murmured. "I'm not that-"

"Yoongi, I don't think you realize how much Jimin likes you," Taehyung whispered. "Trust me. Jimin always comes home, Yoongi. It's just a matter of time,"