XXI

february 5th

;

A whole month goes by before Yoongi gets to see Jimin again. The sun is beginning to set over the city. He's tuning out the people outside - the ones that never rest. They don't stop, they never stop. Yoongi doesn't know what or how they keep going, but they're there, continuously going in whatever direction life takes them.

He has his head tossed back and his eyes closed. He's exhausted and can't wait to crawl under his covers back at home. He's soaking in the last of the sun as it disappears, but he's already cold again.

He's counting the stops till he's home. One...two...three...four...five...six-

"Can I sit with you?" a musical voice asks.

Yoongi's eyes fly open. He could recognize that voice anywhere. He's greeted by those eyes, the ones that make his heart race. He'd never noticed before, but his eyes are a soft hazel colour that remind him of the sun's golden rays on late summer afternoons. The kind of gold that appears just as the sun is going down, the ones that he craves on those late afternoons. The sun that he lies in just to soak up the remaining warmth they give before disappearing for the night. Jimin's hair is a soft pink now, only furthering his adorableness. He's ditched the oversized winter coat in favour of a slim black pea coat, but he still has the fluffy pink earmuffs that blend into his hair. Yoongi notes the large potted plant in his hands.

Then he remembers what Jimin asked. He's quick to move his bag from the seat next to him into his lap so that Jimin can sit down next to him. "Of course," he murmured. A wide smile crept onto Jimin's face as he quickly sat down next to him, the plant finding its way between his thighs.

I'd like to be between those thighs - no goddammit Yoongi, keep it pg!

"How have you been?" Jimin asked, and he's blanking, because fuck what happened to shy Jimin?

"I-I've been good...tired, but good. How wave you been?"

Jimin shrugged his shoulders.

"Lonely to be honest,"

"Oh?"

"I guess that's why I bought another plant," he jokes, and Yoongi is internally dying because his laughter is the sweetest sound he's ever heard. It's refreshing to hear.

"Do you like plants?" Yoongi feels so fucking stupid for asking. Of course he likes plants, he just said he bought another one. But Jimin doesn't think it's a stupid question because he answers it like it's nothing.

"Plants are nice," he says in the softest voice Yoongi has ever heard. "They can't yell at you when you mess up. They don't talk back...they're good listeners,"

Yoongi can't help but feel like there's a double meaning to his words.

"I wanted to say sorry," Jimin then mumbled and Yoongi's brows were knitting together.

"Huh? Why?"

"For being...I don't know, what's the word for it...closed off?" Jimin replies, peering up at him curiously. "I'm not good with making friends...and I'm not used to having people care about me either, so when you kept asking if I was okay, I guess I just panicked and felt the need to shut you out. Um..I'd like to be friends though, if that's possible?"

There's hope in his voice. Yoongi nodded his head though, already smiling. "I'd love that," he whispered.

"Really?!" He seemed so excited. "Should we s-start over? Hi, I'm Park Jimin and I really like plants,"

Oh god. Yoongi knows he's in love now. It's utterly adorable the way he reacts to things. He's like a kid in a candy store.

"Hi, I'm Min Yoongi and I really like music,"

Another smile.

"W-Well Yoongi, it's nice to meet you," Jimin beamed. He's gathering his plant in his arms then, and rising to his feet. "I'd love to stay and chat, but this is my stop so...goodnight?" He's red in the face as he slips away from Yoongi. The older is laughing as he slings his bag over his shoulder. He gets to his feet and slips off the back doors of the bus.

Jimin was startled to see him standing there as the bus pulled away. "Oh!" he exclaimed, almost dropping the plant in his hands. His face is red and Yoongi can't tell if it's from the cold or because he's embarrassed. "Y-You-"

"Jimin?" Yoongi says in a calm tone.

"Yes Yoongi?"

"You do realize that we live in the same building right? My apartment is under yours..."

Jimin flushed a darker shade of red. Shy Jimin was back. He sucked his bottom lip between his teeth.

Oh god don't do that.

"I knew that," he whispered.

Yoongi chuckled.

"C'moon, let's get going. It's gonna get cold really soon and that might hurt your plant,"

They walked the rest of the block in silence. Yoongi keeps sneaking quick glances at the younger as they whey went. He wonders where this surge of confidence has come from. Jimin's been so shy the past few times they've interacted.

Jimin is red in the face again when they reach their building. He looks like he wants to say something, but Yoongi can see a nast, dark purple bruise peeking out from beneath his coat.

"What happened to your shoulder?"

Jimin's breath hitched in his throat.

"I-"

"Did you fall on something?"

"Mmm hmm,"

"Tcht, what did I say about being careful?"

"M' sorry, it won't happen again," Jimin promised, ducking his head.

"You sure?" Yoongi asked, cocking an eyebrow. "You do a lot of redecorating y'know,"

"I-I know. I promise I'll be more careful,"

"Okay,"

"It was nice seeing you again, Yoongi. I'll see you around?"

"Of course. It's not like I'm going anywhere," he joked.

"Night Yoongi,"

"Night Jimin,"