V

january 5th

;

"No mom, I'm not lonely, I have Holly here to keep me company," Yoongi stressed to his mother as he wandered over to the couch to eat his dinner. He wasn't surprised that his mother had called him to express concerns about his mental health. She did that a lot, and unlike most people who might find it annoying, Yoongi appreciated the fact that his mother did her best to keep in touch with him, and make sure that he was happy. "Yeah, I've put in a few late nights, but it's okay mom, I don't mind," he explained. She was worried he was overworking. No mom, I'm not overworking...just been focusing on my music during my free time, you know how I am...yeah, I know...I wish you could see the view from where I worked, it's gorgeous. I know you'd love it."

He chuckled softly to himself. "Yeah, I get it...why don't you put dad on, that way I don't catch him during his game...yeah, I love you too mom - oh, hi dad,"

His father asked about his work as he ate - he wants to know that he's able to provide for himself. Yoongi knows that his father wished he'd done something else with his life, like business or medicine, but he knows his father is proud that he's chasing after something he really wants. He can't deny that his son is very talented, and he does enjoy most of the music he makes. Not all of it though, he never really understood rap music very well. "I don't get the point of it," his father once said.

"It's just a form of expression," a sixteen year old Min Yoongi had explained. "Sometimes you don't know how to get the words out in a coherent way and it just comes out a garbled mess. You don't have to get it if it makes you feel something inside...like art..painting and drawing I mean. You don't always get it, but I know that you feel something whenever you go to those galleries-"

From that moment on, his father did get it, but it never made him feel the way Yoongi felt.

"I'm doing okay, I promise," Yoongi assured his father, who also expressed concerns for his health. "I'd let you know if I wasn't," -which was true. Yoongi told his parents a lot of things, and they were more than understanding. If he wasn't okay, they'd know. "You take care of mom okay? I know she misses not having me at the house...okay...yeah I love you too dad, take care. Bye."