XLV

march 9th

;

Yoongi had plans to sleep in on his birthday, but someone is knocking on his door. He forced himself out of bed, wondering which of his friends is here to torment him. His guess his Noah, stopping by on her way to work.

He's half asleep as he yans open the front door.

"Why must you always be shirtless, Hyung,"

Definitely not Noah.

Jimin is blushing as he takes in Yoongi's appearance. He's wearing nothing but a pair of grey sweats that hang low on his hips. The younger resists the urge to lick his lips.

"S-Sorry," Yoongi stammered, running a hand through his messy hair. "I thought you might have been Noah,"

"Nope, just me,"

"Did you need something?" Yoongi asked, covering his mouth with a hand as he yawned. He's trying not to sound like an asshole, he just doesn't understand why Jimin is knocking on his door. He's never done that before.

Jimin holds up a brown paper bag. "Happy birthday, Yoongi,"

Yoongi is surprised that Jimin remembered his birthday. He had only mentioned it once to the younger almost a month ago. He takes the paper bag from Jimin with a fond smile. "I didn't know what your preference is-"

It's you he thinks to himself. You're my preference-

"So I got you chocolate to be safe because everybody loves chocolate right?"

God he's so adorable.

"Chocolate is fine," Yoongi whispered.

Jimin sighs in relief.

"Did you want to come in?" Yoongi questions, and he's very thankful that he cleaned his apartment the other day. But he can sense Jimin's hesitancy. He's nervous.

"I um..."

"I won't bite Jimin," Yoongi teased, trying to help him feel more at ease. "Not unless you want me to," and he almost lets out a laugh as Jimin squeaked in response, his face going even more red than before.

"Min Yoongi," he scolded. "Such a dirty mind,"

If only you knew

But it's enough to make Jimin feel relaxed and brave enough to come inside Yoongi's apartment. The older moved out of the way for him to enter and gently shut the door behind him. "You can make yourself at home," Yoongi tells him, setting the bag down on the counter. "I'll only be a minute,"

Jimin sits himself down on Yoongi's couch, and takes in his apartment. It's very clean, and everything seems to have a proper place. It's nothing like his own, which is a hazard to his very being. Not to mention it's very green in there, with his abundance of plants. He likes Yoongi's apartment. It's cozy and warm. His apartment was damp and cold, and felt more like a prison to him than anything.

Yoongi's swearing a shirt when he returns. He gives Jimin a gummy smile - he's more awake now, and dishes out two slices of cake. One for him, and one for Jimin.

"Thank you," he murmured when Yoongi set the plate down in front of him.

"You're welcome," he replied, taking a seat next to him on the couch. "Y'know, I'm surprised you remembered my birthday...that was over a month ago,"

"I have a pretty good memory....do you live alone Yoongi?" he inquires, taking a bite of cake. Yoongi's mind is momentarily elsewhere however.

His lips are so pretty. I'd like to see them wrap around my-

"Uh...not exactly. I have Holly to keep me company,"

"Who's Holly?"

Yoonigi held up one finger, signalizing for Jimin to give him a second. He set his plate down and disappeared down the hallway. This time, when he returns, he's holding a ball of fluff in his arms. Jimin let out an excited squeal.

"Puppy!"

Jimin is making grabby hands, silently asking for Yoongi's permission to hold Holly. Yoongi chuckles at his excitement, and places Holly in Jimin's laugh, telling the small dog to behave. "Don't scare him away now, Holly,"

Jimin is in love with the ball of fluff.

Five minutes later, Jimin's attention is still on Holly. Yoongi doesn't think he's seen the younger smile so much since becoming his friend, and it's heartwarming to see. Yoongi is leaning against the backrest of the couch, with his hand cupped around his neck. He's sad though, because Yoongi knows that Jimin isn't his, even if he wants him to be. He wants moments like these twenty-four seven with the younger, not just out of the blue.

"I'm beginning to think you like my dog more than me," he pouts, trying to gain some of Jimin's attention.

"Well he is pretty adorable."

Yoongi pouted again.

And then Jimin is leaning over and kissing his cheek with a giggle. "I think you're pretty adorable too Yoongi,"