Chapter 17

Katherina POV

Two days, it has been two days to that encounter at the party. I'm not gonna lie whatever happened that day scared the hell out of me.

My eyebrows narrowed when I hear some voices coming downstairs. I open the door and walk downstairs in the living room, I look around but there was no one and then I heard a sound coming out of the kitchen.

Maybe maids are still here but I told them to leave after breakfast. I froze when my gaze fell on Nathan who was trying to chop veggies with a bandaged hand.

I quickly went into the kitchen and extended my hand in front of him so that he would give me the knife. He stopped chopping when his eyes landed on my extended hand. He looked normal, not drunk, not angry just exhausted, did he even slept? Where was he these past days? He avoided looking me in the eyes before he put the knife down and walked out of the kitchen.

After he left I chopped the vegetables and made bruschetta for him with tomato-basil and cheese toppings. After some time he came down all showered dressed in comfy pants and t-shirt. He took a seat on the kitchen chair, I plated bread slices for him and served the dish to him. He immediately started eating as soon as I placed the plate in front of him which made it obvious that he was hungry. I sat opposite him with a cup of coffee and watched him eat. He was looking tired and drained out, his face was calm as he kept digging in his food while I took a sip of my coffee.

"You're not eating?" he asked when he caught me staring at him. I shook my head in no which made him frown.

I got surprise when he picked a bread slice and brought it in front of my mouth to feed me. I keep looking at him while he stayed still waiting for me to act. Nathan never did that before and this gesture from him was surprising. I opened my mouth not making him wait anymore and took a small bite, he looked satisfied when he placed the slice on the plate, he took the cup of coffee from my hands and gulp the liquid.

"What happen to your hand?" I raise my eyebrows looking at his hand which was covered with a white bandage.

A smirk spread on his lips, "Are you worried about me, tesoro?" he asked sipping coffee.

"What? No, I-I'm just asking" his intense gaze made me stutter.

He didn't say anything after that and keep munching his food. He put the empty cup on the counter and walked out of the living room. I wash the dishes and clean the counter before walking out in the living room when Nathan footsteps made me look towards stairs, he stopped in the middle when he saw me.

"What is taking you so long? Come in the bedroom" he said and walked back, I knew what is going to happen next. I thought he'll leave after having the meal but he seems in other mood right now and who I'm to refuse the don.

I walk upstairs and enter the bedroom where I saw Nathan already laying on the bed with his tattooed muscled chest on display. He motioned me to get in bed which I did without any question and laid on my back when he rolled and surprisingly buried his head in my neck turning to the side instead of getting on top of me, he wrapped his arm around my stomach and partially laid on me snuggling closer to me.

He didn't move at all for a while and then I realized that he fell asleep on me, he was breathing softly in my neck with his body resting on mine. I gently placed my hand on his head not wanting to wake him and ran my fingers softly in his hair as he slept peacefully.

I don't think he got to sleep or even ate anything that's why he looks exhausted and hungry. But where was he the past two days? Did he go after those men who attacked his party? Did he do what he said he will? Hopefully not.

Nathan confuse me a lot, his behavior is very unpredictable. The last time I saw him, he looked scared. I don't know if it is right to say but he looked vulnerable that night, I remember looking in his eyes that time and there was something else other than rage, his eyes were soft for a minute.

Nathan moved a little making me get out of my thoughts. Now his head resting on my chest because of which his breathing was hitting the valley of my breasts making me warm. I tried to even out my breathing and ignore the sensation in my body.

After almost an hour Nathan moved again nuzzling his face on my chest as groan lowly. "You smell so good, mia amore" (My love).

His arm tightens around my waist and I knew that he is awake now. He raised his head from my chest and shifted his weight from me balancing on his elbow but still staying above me.

"Are you okay?" he whispered.

Why is he asking me in fact I should ask him if he is okay?

I nod my head looking in his eyes which were still and calm which happens very rarely. First time when I saw him like this was when we went out to the beach and then when he took me to watch that beautiful sunset on the bridge.

He raised his bandaged hand and cupped my cheek, he traced my lower lip with his thumb looking at my mouth.

"Say something tesoro. I want to hear your voice" his tone was soft but desperate (Sweetheart).

"You are calm" I whisper.

He smiled lightly, god this man look gorgeous when he smiles.

"You make me calm, Katherina. Your face, your eyes, your voice, your body everything is just perfect like you are made only for me" he said as he leaned down and trail my cheek and jaw with his nose inhaling deeply making me hold my breath.

"Did you missed me?" he asked randomly and I didn't know what to say. I mean I keep thinking about him most of the time but does he want me to say it.

"Say something tesoro, please" he looked at me this time with pleading eyes and it shocked me that he is so desperate to hear my voice. (Sweetheart).

Maybe I can never understand this man, he hides his emotions so beautifully with his words and expression that I never actually understand what he really wants.

I raise my hand and cupped his cheek when he closed his eyes and leaned in my touch.

"I don't like when you smoke" I blurt out without thinking, I had nothing else to say.

He chuckled loudly making me smile as well. A smile automatically spread on my face whenever I see him laugh or smile.