Chapter 18

Katherina POV

My body was trapped under heavyweight, I was uncomfortable and very warm. My clothes were drenched in sweat, I tried to move but I couldn't.

I open my eyes and saw Nathan wrapped around me. His body was entangled with mine. He had his arm wrapped around my stomach and head resting on my shoulder. I manage to get out of his hold somehow and went into the bathroom.

I shut the door behind me and stood in front of the mirror placing my hands on vanity when I notice the chain in my fist. I place it on the vanity and went to take a shower. I wrap the towel around me and walk out only to see Nathan sleeping peacefully. I went into the closet room quietly and put the chain between my clothes and got ready wearing loose clothes and walked out of the bedroom.

I walked straight in the kitchen and maids were not here yet so I decided to make breakfast today. I was almost done with cooking and clean the counter and all used dishes. I place the plates on the kitchen counter and turn to pour the juice in glasses.

"What's for breakfast today?" Nathan's voice startled me and thankfully I didn't drop the glasses in my hand. He didn't look like he has taken a shower and he was still in the same clothes from last night.

"I made apple cinnamon pancakes," I told him, he sat on the chair resting his chin on his knuckle watching me with a smile on his face.

I serve pancakes on his plate and pour some apple syrup I made on it with a glass of juice.

I went to sit in front of him, "Come here" He said motioning me to chair next to him so I took my breakfast and sat where he told me.

All the while we had breakfast he kept staring at me. With every bite he munches, he stares at me the whole time. I didn't react anything and focused on finishing my food so I can move from the chair which was turning hot with every passing moment.

After having breakfast he went upstairs in the bedroom probably for the shower while I clean the plates and glasses. I walk in the living room after finish cleaning and saw Nathan coming down all showered and dressed in his black suit looking handsome as ever.

Nathan's eyes were set on me as he walked downstairs. He stood in front of me and wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. I rest my hands on his chest and look him in the eyes. He kept looking back in my eyes for a moment before he looked down at my lips. He leaned down and cover my lips with his, he kissed me gently for a minute and then he left but after placing a kiss on my forehead.

After he left I was all alone, all by myself like usual but there was something different today, I wasn't feeling lonely. Maybe it's because of the moment I shared with Nathan last night, he told me a part of himself that is very personal to him.

I can't even imagine how hard it would have been for him. It's hard to even imagine Nathan as a scared and broken kid. He lost his mother, he had nothing to eat, he lived on the streets.

Whenever I see Nathan all I see is money, wealth, power, and authority but I could never in billion years imagine him as a poor, starving kid begging on the streets.

Nobody ever told me this about Nathan, everybody just told me how cruel, ruthless, and cold-hearted he is. Maybe he became cold-hearted because life never gave him any reason to show his emotions, he lost his mother at such a young age, he killed his father with his own hands because he took everything away from him.

He's gone through so much in his life. I always thought of him as an emotionless, stone heart person but no he is not that, he is caring, he is gentle, he is patient.

He takes care of my feelings, he takes care of me. I can only imagine how hard it would have been for him to open up to me but I'm glad that he told me about his life. At least now I know something about him which is real and not some preconceived notions that made me think of him as a monster which he is not.