Chapter 23

Katherina POV

I woke with Nathan sleeping peacefully beside me. I carefully slide away from him getting up from the bed and went straight into the bathroom for a shower.

Whatever happened yesterday was heavy. A man I don't even know wants to kill me, Franco wants me dead and I get to know that I'm the reason that Rebecca is dead.

It's heavy.

I wish I understood Nathan's temper that day and did something or say something which made a difference so that I had Rebecca with me now. Now I'm understanding all the awkwardness in Rebecca on the last day I saw her. I noticed Dante pulling her away from me, I noticed the fear in Dante whenever I ask him about Rebecca, I noticed how awkwardly he asked for Nathan's permission whenever I talked to him.

Everything was happening right in front of me but I couldn't understand it well. I had decided that I'll keep my distance with people and will not force my will on them because I don't want to be a reason for anybody's death...again.

I dressed in dark blue jeans and a white top letting my hair fall loose over my shoulders, I went down in the living room and told Rosie that I'm making today's breakfast so she can leave.

I cooked chicken wings and baked some chocolate cookies. I took out the chicken wings from oven and placed them on the tray when two hands grab my ass making me jump, thankfully tray didn't slip from my hands.

There was no need for me to turn around because I knew exactly who it is so I kept working when Nathan wrap his arms around my torso. His right-hand start fidgeting with the button of my jeans when I pushed him a little but he didn't budge.

"Nathan I'm working and you're disturbing me," I said when he pressed his front to my back. He didn't say anything just hummed in response and buried his head in my neck moving my hair away to get better access. I tried to step away from him to see if the cookies are cool but he caged me and didn't let me move.

"Nathan, let me go" I shook him when he raised his head from my neck still not letting me go. He moved his hand to my belly start rubbing softly, I know he is trying to do everything which can make me feel better especially after last night but I wasn't really in that mood.

I turned my head to his side to watch his face and notice a sweet smile on his face which melted my heart, "Move" I whisper but his hands held me more tightly in place. He turned me around in his arms, I place my hands on his bare chest when I notice his smile turning into a smirk.

"Kiss me" he whispered softly against my lips careful not to touch them. I understood he was mocking me because I have been initiating kisses for a while now.

I slide my hand from his chest to back of his neck and pull him down closer to me, I lean forward to his lips and notice his eyes closing for the kiss when I push him instead of kissing him and got the chance to get away from him, his eyes opened and widen which made me laugh.

I ran out in the living room and Nathan chase me. I laughed when I saw Nathan's surprised expression because of my behavior but he ran behind me and trapped me between the couch and himself. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, I looked into his eyes and grab his arms panting heavily due to running and laughing.

I kept looking in his eyes and notice the little spark for the first time, his gaze was soft as he looked at me. I saw happiness and liveliness on his face.

This is what I always dreamt of. This is the kind of life I always wanted then why I have this feeling of doubt in my heart. Why can't I let it go completely, it feels like something is holding me back.

Nathan senses the tension in my body and stands me straight on my feet loosening his grip on my arm. I notice him frowning at me when he raised his hand and cupped my cheek.