Chapter 41

Katherina POV

The next day Nathan woke me up in the morning around six and told me to get ready because we have to leave.

I was very nervous but also excited to see my parents, there are a lot of things going on my head. I was scared because people in my hometown fear Nathan and I'm going to marry him, I don't know if they even want to have any relation with me after my marriage but I want my family to be with me, I want their blessings the day I get married but I have no idea what Nathan has thought about that.

I got ready and wore a blue dress which reaches up to my knees, I let my hair fall free on my shoulder. I put little mascara and lipgloss before I walked down. Nathan was pacing around in the living room dressed in his black suit looking absolutely stunning. I walked downstairs towards him, his back was towards me, I stood behind him quietly when he turned around and walked into me.

"Shit, are you okay?" He asked me checking if he has hurt me.

I grab his arms and rubbed gently, "I'm fine, are you okay?" I asked him because he was looking very tensed.

Nathan wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him hugging me tightly, "I don't know tesoro, it's just...I don't want to ruin anything" he whispered lightly and I can feel the stiffness in his body. I rubbed his back lightly calming him down.

"Everything will be fine Nathan, it's okay. I'm here with you" I whisper.

He pulled away and looked in my eyes and gave me a beautiful smile making my heart melt, "You are looking gorgeous" he placed a kiss on my lips before he grabbed my hand and we walked out.

We got into the car and Marco drove us to Nathan's private plane. The drive was silent, I was indulged in my own thoughts while Nathan was in his. All the way Nathan has a tight hold on my hand which started to hurt but I didn't say anything to him. I know he is nervous maybe more than me and I have to be strong for him no matter what, all of this is very new for him and he doesn't know how to cope up with but I'm here for him.

Nathan and I were on the plane, I slept after having breakfast. There was some kind of silence that was scaring me because I still don't know how to feel about all of this. Nathan has proposed me for marriage, I should be happy about it and I am but still, there is something in my heart that was making me doubt it. I'm scared of my heart being broken, I'm scared because I have no idea how my life gonna be with Nathan. It can never be simple and smooth like I always wanted it to be, the fact that he is a mafia don and he always will be surrounded by danger and fatalities. How can I possibly have a life with him in between all of those, there will always be a fear in me whenever he will go away from me that will he come back to me without any harm or what if something happens to him.

How will be my life with him?

"Tesoro, baby"

"Yeah"

"We are here"

My heartbeat fasten when I heard that. We got down of the plane and I couldn't believe that I'm back at my home...I'm back to my home.

Nathan grabbed my hand and walked me towards a black BMW, we got into it and the driver drove us out.

Everything was familiar to me, the streets, the buildings, the shops...I'm really here. My eyes well up when we passed my college, "Stop...stop the car" I tapped the driver seat.

"Katherina"

"Please, stop the car" I tapped the driver again looking out towards my college building.

"Stop," Nathan said and the car came to stop.

I immediately opened the door and ran towards my college when Nathan grabbed me from my waist.