Chapter 26

Katherina POV

The place where the car came to halt was no different than any of the other places I have been before with Nathan. This place also has the same vibe. People were drinking and enjoying, there was a dance party going on with loud music. Nathan walk me straight through the crowd and we went to a room that had a sitting area for more than thirty people. I recognize every face sitting on the table, all of Nathan's friends were there including doctor Kayle and Gia. I gave a smile to Jason and Taylor, who wave back at me.

Nathan walked me to an empty chair and motioned me to sit. I look at my right side and it was none other than Chris. He smiled at me and I smiled back taking the seat after which Nathan also sat down on my left seat.

Everything was going normal until Hanna entered, I got uncomfortable in her presence since the memories of that day, with the feeling came back to me. She walked towards us and leaned down to hug Nathan placing a kiss on her jaw sensually, I look away but it didn't make any difference as she took a seat next to Nathan.

I try to focus anywhere but at them but again and again, my mind was telling me to look, and when I did look at their direction I saw them talking to each other normally like nothing is wrong while I felt as if I was sitting on fire.

"How do you manage to look so beautiful yet so jealous at the same time?" I turn to my right and saw Chris smirking at me.

"I'm not jealous" I frown at him

"Oh you totally are, but you look more beautiful when you're jealous," he said again.

"I'm not jealous Chris!" I kept my voice low but showed him that he is annoying me.

"Okay okay, chill woman" he murmured.

I was feeling annoyed, pissed, and upset all at the same time, I sat quietly when a waiter came to take our orders. Everybody told him what they want to have and Nathan also ordered for himself and for me.

"Actually I would like to have bucatini with butter-roasted tomato sauce," I said loudly making every head turn to my direction including Nathan's.

I look at Nathan and he was frowning on my new found courage, "Get whatever she wants" Nathan tone was authoritative, the waiter walked out right away taking all the order but I certainly changed the mood for dinner.

Suddenly Nathan got up from his chair and held my chair, "Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked me, I stood up from my chair and followed him out in the garden.

"Care to tell me what was that?" Nathan sounded annoyed but why he is behaving that way, I'm the one who is upset.

"I just ordered what I wanted to eat. It is such a big deal?" I speak looking directly in his eyes.

Nathan exhaled a deep breath like he is controlling whatever he is feeling, "No, absolutely not" he whispered softly and look away for a moment. I can see him feeling helpless with me right now, I didn't want to make him feel this way.

"I'm sorry, I'll behave" I whisper making him look at me.

"You don't have to be sorry tesoro for anything. Please tell me if there's anything that's bothering you" he asked softly but I can't tell him that I feel pain in my chest whenever I see his proximity with another woman.

I just shook my head in no when he keeps looking at me waiting for my answer.

"Is it Hanna?" My eyes widen when he said her name, how can possibly he knew that this is what bothering me out of so many things, "Please tell me, it's her, right?".

"N-no" I look down couldn't able to look into his eyes anymore.

Nathan took a step towards me and held my chin to make me look up at him, "Katherina, no woman, and trust me when I say this no woman can become as important as you're in my life, ever. You don't have to feel this way towards her she is nothing but a friend, okay?" he said with honesty and I want to believe him actually, I do believe him.