XX

"I got a bone to pick with you, Fury," Frank said, standing outside the clubhouse, getting his bike ready for the run that had been keeping everyone on edge.

"What is it this time?" Fury said, arms crossed over his chest, a smirk on his face.

"Does it look like I'm fuckin' around?" Frank snapped, Fury's smirk disappearing. "You seriously were going to allow Drake on this run knowing it's a trap?"

"As far as I know, he's still going," he said, looking at him with a dull look.

"No, he ain't. I'm going alone, Drake's the last person who needs to be on this run," Frank said, loading his pistol, his eyes locked on Fury.

"Now you're just gonna disobey orders?"

"Fuck off," Frank seethed. "Drake ain't comin'."

"Then you should remember that you decided to go alone this time," Fury said. "I won't be blamed for throwing you to the wolves anymore."

"What do you mean anymore?" Frank snapped, his voice deep and laced with venom. "That's all you been doin'."

Fury sighed, clearly pissed but Frank hardly gave a damn. "Try not to kill anyone unless they shoot first." With that, Fury turned and walked right back into the clubhouse, leaving Frank to stand there by his bike.

Fury was annoying before, but it seemed now he was more annoying. 

"Frank," Charlie called, his eyes turning to her and his entire mood lightening as she smiled up at him. She walked over to him and he could see that her eyes were already full with tears.

He took a deep breath and allowed her to hug him. "It's alright," he told her. "I promised I'd come back."

"I won't rest until you're right back here where you belong," she said, looking up at him, her cheeks stained with tears already.

"Than maybe I shouldn't tell you not to wait up," he said, smiling from under his mask. 

"How can you make jokes right now? Aren't you afraid?"

He shook his head, without hesitation. She smiled sadly up at him. "Take this," she said, her arms going behind her neck as she unclasped her necklace. She held it up for him, revealing the golden coin attached to it with a knight on a horse.

He looked at it confused and she nodded to him, forcing him to kneel down as she placed it around his neck. "It was my mothers," she said, his hand immediately reaching up to touch it. "It's always brought me good luck, maybe it'll do the same for you."

He was shocked, to say the least. He'd never received a gift before. His parents never believed in materialistic items, so he never even celebrated his birthday. This was his first gift...ever. His arm wrapped around her waist and he used his other had to lift up his mask enough for him to bend down and kiss her on the cheek and immediately cover his face again.

She looked up at him with a beautiful sparkle in her eye. "Please, come back to me."

"I will."

She stood in front of the clubhouse, her and the rest of the members, except Fury, watched as he left. He couldn't help but feel, however, that something was terribly wrong. He had a gut feeling that this run was going to be different, he just hoped it'd be for the better.

* * *

He arrived at the location the Angels set which happened to be an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of Albuquerque. The feeling in his gut only managed to grow stronger up until he arrived and then he just felt completely numb. He tucked the necklace under his jumpsuit and entered the warehouse, being greeted with the Angels' President, Vice President, and four other members, all armed.

The President, Esteban Pacheco, and the Vice President, Leo Rojas, sat at the small table in the center of this massive warehouse, smoking cigars. Frank walked up, the four men around the two startled and looking at him with unease, and stopped just before the table, nodding his head to the two men.

"Ah," spoke Leo, letting out a large puff of smoke as he looked up at Frank, a thick black mustache atop his lip and along black hair tied in a ponytail, dark brown eyes looking at him with a sick enjoyment. "Well, what a surprise to lay eyes on el Diablo once again," he spoke, his voice thick with a Spanish accent. "Where have you been all dis time, Frank? You been hidin' from us?"

"What is there to hide from?" Frank spoke, his voice dangerously deep, causing the four men behind them to break into a nervous sweat. "What can I do you for tonight boys?"

Leo laughed hysterically while Esteban continued to sit back, not even acknowledging Frank's presence. "Well, Frank, you already screwed yourself coming here alone," Leo said, still laughing and still puffing smoke.

"You think I didn't know that?" Frank asked, his voice laced with venom.

Esteban finally sat forward, stubbing his cigar out on the table and looking up at Frank with an ice cold rage. He had a full beard and long hair tied in a ponytail as well but his eyes were piercing. "Where is Fury?" Esteban asked, his voice low and menacing.

"Well, if he ain't standin' beside me, he ain't here."

Esteban's fist smashed down on the table, the rest of the men jumped but Frank stood there, arms crossed over his chest and eyes never breaking from Esteban's. Esteban straightened himself, standing to his feet, and fixed his creamy white suit, walking around the table. "Don't you think it is very disrespectful that I take the time to come to this meeting and he doesn't?"

Frank didn't say a word. The last thing he believed he should do was flap his gums for he knew well enough that Esteban was furious. 

"If he showed up we wouldn't have to do this, Frank," Esteban said, Frank's arms falling as he tried to reach for his gun but Esteban drew his quicker and shot him in the shoulder.

Frank jerked but remained standing, looking at Esteban with rage. 

"Then again," Esteban spoke, walking around the table once more. "Maybe it was a good thing only you came. After all, weren't you the one who killed the entire Russian Mafia all on your own?"

Blood dripped from Franks hand but he did not falter.

"Maybe it is you that we just want. You made it so much easier coming here alone," he continued, drawing his gun yet again before Frank could think and shooting him straight in the thigh, causing Frank to kneel on the ground, his head down. "You put a couple pieces of medal into el Diablo and he suddenly isn't so frightening anymore."

Frank stood yet again, standing tall and strong on his wounded leg, the four men pale with fear. "Aren't you going to put up a fight, Frank?"

"I already know your entire crew is outside waiting for you to give a signal the minute I touch my gun," Frank said, looking at him dully. "If you want to kill me, do it."

"Now, that wouldn't be very fun," he said, stepping towards him and placing the barrel of his gun under Frank's chin. "I will make you pay for killing such a valuable ally to me."

He stepped away and began walking to the back of the warehouse. Esteban raised one hand and a man that had positioned himself behind Frank bashed the back of his head with the backside of his gun.

Frank went tumbling down, darkness consuming him.

Why'd he take this run, again?

Hey guys!

I know I said updates would be slow but I have found a little bit of wiggle room in my days, allowing me the chance to update as much as I possibly can so that is what I'm doing! I'll be sure to let you all know when updates will be slow again but I should be updating frequently this coming week.

Please continue to like and comment, it helps me out a lot!

Until next time,
D. M. Brightwell