chapter eight: back in school

Y/n pov

*beep!* *beep!* *beep!* "shut up!" I whisper yell at my alarm while I turn it off. "Why do I have this on in the first place?" Then it hit me "y/n get up it's time for school!" That sounded like ben. wait what time is it?! I check the time it's 7:00! "Crap! I only have 30 minutes to get ready!" I said rushing to put an outfit on.

10 minutes later

Ok I've got my bag and lunch thanks to Benjamin. Now for my outfit just a f/c sweatshirt and some black leggings. "Alright I'm ready for school." I say "aren't you forgetting something?" Ben asked holding up a bagel "oh yeah breakfast and it's my favorite thanks." I said taking the bagel and putting cream cheese on it. "Your gonna have to eat that in the car if you don't want to be late." Ben said grabbing his keys. "Well let's go then." I say already walking out the door with the bagel in my mouth. When I got in the limo and saw a agitated Alois and a annoyed Ciel along with claude, sebastian and the other guys sitting down "why do we have to go school?" Alois asked in a pised of tone "the law and weren't you excited about going to school like a week ago?" I said as I hopped in and sat across from him. "That was before I had to get up early." Alois said crossing his arms and sinking into the seat. Ciel rolled his eyes "at least you could get up on time." Ciel said "and what was that annoying ringing coming from your room this morning?" Ciel asked me "that's my alarm it's to make sure I wake up on time." Ciel and the other's gave me a "Really" look "that thing was ringing for thirty minutes!" Ciel said. I just shrug and finish eating the rest of my breakfast. We stop in front of the apartment and saw Lizzie waiting for us while she was on her phone apparently she's a quick learner when it comes to modern technology. "Hi y/n, how are you today?" She said sitting next to me "good." I said "Lizzie you do know where we're going right?" I ask she gave me a puzzled look. "Yes I do we're going to school of course." She said "right...so why did you decide to wear that?" I say looking at her outfit.

"You don't like it?" Lizzie asked "No it's not that

"You don't like it?" Lizzie asked "No it's not that." I say trying not to make her upset "the dress looks amazing but it looks like you're going to a party instead of school." She tilted her head "so how am I supposed to dress?" She asked "something casual like some leggings or just regular clothes." I said Lizzie nods understanding hopefully a little of what I just said.

Time skip
We pulled up to the school "see you later." Ben said before dropping us off. "Hey Lizzie you might want to lose the pigtails." I say "oh is that too much as well?" She asked "no I just think you would look better with your hair down." I said she nodded and took her hair ties out. "See I was right." I say reassuring her. "Now let's go get our schedules and head to class." I said walking in the school. Maybe this will be a nice school year.

1 hour later
So far I've learned that all my friends are either in different classes or we have the same class at different times. At least alois and Lizzie have all classes together I only have two classes with ciel though. "At least we have lunch together." I said while walking and looking at our schedules. "So what's our first class?" Lizzie asked "hmm it's right here." I say stopping at a door with a sign that says "math..." I said followed by a sigh. "What's wrong y/n?" Lizzie asked "let's just say I am not the best in my class when it comes to math." I said before opening the door. "Your late." I heard a strict voice call out. I look up and see that class has already started and my teacher was none other than William or should I say mr. Spears "I'm sorry I got lost." Technically that wasn't a lie who knew how big high school's were? He glared at me "since it's the first day of school I'll let it go this time. now the four of you go find an available seat." We all find a seat. I sat next to alois in the back row while Lizzie and ciel sat one row ahead of us. William pushed up his glasses "Now class as I was saying if you turn to page ten in your workbooks-" I already tuned him out and started drawing random lines on the page to make it look like I'm working. "Miss y/n!" William said "huh?" I said looking at the front of the class "what is the answer to the problem?" He said Ponting at the bored. "The answer is...two?" I said sounding more like a question than answer. "Incorrect miss y/n pay more attention next time." William said followed by some snickers from the class. *ding* *dong* thankfully the bell rang. Just two more classes left until lunch. We make it right on time for science. Alois sits next to me and Lizzie sat across from us at the table since ciel is in a different class right now. "Alright class I'm going to be your new teacher you can call me undertaker." He said entering the classroom "today we're going to learn about biology." He said sitting at his desk. I could hear whispers in the class about how hot mysterious the new teacher was most of class.

Time skip

"Alright class you will receive your gym uniforms tomorrow so that means byou guys can have a free period." The fit gym teacher said. "What do you think our gym outfits are gonna look like?" Lizzie asked sitting on the bleachers. "Don't get your hopes up." I say sitting beside her. We watch ciel and alois try to make friends for a few minutes until I saw a familiar face walk towards me. "Hey y/n, how's your day?" I stare in disbelief for a second "Jack What are you doing here!?" I say standing up and going in for a hug. "I didn't think you'd be so disappointed to see me!" He said jokingly "shut up grandpa." I say punching his shoulder. "Um...y/n how would that even work?" Lizzie asked me and Jack paused for a moment then bursted out laughing probably making Lizzie more confused. "He's not actually my grandpa." I said starting to calm down"it's a inside joke you see this Jack's three months older than me and always teased me for it." I say sitting back down "so she decided to call me grandpa and when me and my sister would argue y/n would say respect your elders while doing an old man impression." Jack said sitting next to me.

Alois pov
Why is he here and why did she hug him? "Alois what are you looking at?" That Charlie girl said "why is he here?" I ask Charlie squealed "I know right me and Charlotte had to do a lot of convincing for him to come here instead of that private school!" She said smiling at her work. "Why did you do that?" I ask "because it's the cutest romance even if it's a cliche." She said squealing even louder this time. I watch them for a few more minutes before I decide to walk up to them just as I was about to speak the bell rung and everyone ran out. "you aren't jealous of that boy are you trancy?" Ciel asked walking up behind me. "Of course not!" I yell "good because I don't intend on staying here any longer." He said walking away. Right as soon as y/n awakens her powers we can leave just like Benjamin said. I sigh as I make my way to lunch.

At the cafeteria

"Okay someone needs to explain why sebastian is teaching my English class!" Ivy said sitting down with her tray. "Say louder I don't think all of China heard you." I said opening my lunchbox. "Come on y/n it's not like anyone else knows." She said picking at her corn. "That doesn't mean we can act like we're close to the teachers people might get the wrong idea." I said before taking a bite of f/f. "Yeah your right." Ivy nodded. The other's finally get here and sit down. "What took you so long?" I ask "nothing." Alois said coldly I was about to say something about it "hey guys how's it going?" Jack asked sitting next to me. "We're good." I said taking a sip of my juice. "Guess what I found out." Ivy said taking a bite of her pizza. "What is it?" Lizzie asked "the school is having a welcome dance for the freshman." Ivy said "when is it?" Alois asked "a month from now." She said. After a few minutes of talking someone walked up to the table. "Hey how are you doing?" Some guy wearing a varsity jacket said to me. "Um... I'm okay." I said "I was wondering if I could get your number? My names James by the way." He said "is this a prank or some type of dare?" I ask skeptically "no it's just that you look like a nice girl." He's a real charmer isn't he. "Fine here." I say writing it on a napkin. "Thanks." He says walking away. "Did you really just give him your number?" Ivy asked in disbelief "no." I said "than what did you give him?" Jack asked "I gave him yours." I said Ivy started laughing "why would you do that!?" Jack asked "because you didn't tell me that you decided to come here." I said "I'm sorry will you ever forgive me!" Jack said dramatically I roll my eyes. "Yes I forgive you." I said getting up to throw my trash.

Next class
"Hello class welcome to dance!" Grell said as we walked in. "Today we will be learning how the waltz." Half of the class groaned with that statement mainly because there wasn't enough boys to partner with. The girl's were already going after alois but chose me great now I might have a target on my head now. "Just to let you know I have no experience with dancing." I said hoping he would change partners. "That's fine besides your the only one I know here." Alois said sounding completely different from earlier. "I know but should at least try to make some new friends." I said but he probably just ignored me. After class I decided to get something from the vending machine before my next class. "Hey!" A loud voice behind me shouts. "Are you y/n?" A girl I've never seen before said. I nod yes "we need to have a talk!"

The end

See you next chapter
bye